Advanced Manufacturing Manager Water Infrastructure
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Advanced Manufacturing Manager, reporting to the Operational Excellence Manager Water Infrastructure, drives strategic manufacturing projects that support the company’s overall success. This role ensures that projects are completed compliant with applicable safety policies and regulations within budget, scope, time, and to the highest level of quality.
- Responsible to drive OHSA and EHS to compliance with applicable corporate- and local country legislation
- Developing workforce, training, hiring, termination and address redundancy in a way that is compliant with applicable labor legislation and in cooperation with human resources.
- Ensure that corporate policy’s for e.g. CPG, mandatory compliance trainings, EHS etc. are deployed and executed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Managing Industry 4.0 Deployment and Conversion Costs Optimization
- Support the Industry 4.0 implementation roadmap leading the sub projects
- Provides support on implementation of new technology in manufacturing, methods, materials, and advance systems used to make the company's products.
- Implement advanced systems integrating data management for engineering, manufacturing, quality control, and material management.
- Implement strategies to ensure the current and future advanced manufacturing information systems provide a greater level of accuracy and depth of detail about shop-floor operations.
- Ensure all project needs are being met to achieve goals in the original set time frame. This includes, but is not limited to, securing additional resources, setting daily or weekly priorities for project team members, communicating to all cross-functional stakeholders, and working with the more challenging situations or people.
- Facilitate planning sessions, support plan development, and provide planning expertise to set out appropriate approach to each project. Collaborate with and lead cross-functional teams that support overall project development and implementation.
- Align project delivery with strategic objectives, manage changes in priority and adjust project schedules as needed.
Support Ops IT (MES & ERP) implementation programs
- Implement together with IT and ISC organization roadmap for MES and ERP systems, customer and supplier interfaces.
- Support CAPT (Computer Aided Performance Testing) deployment cross all global WI footprints
Related to all the above areas
- Share Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support on selected topics to other sites globally in Water Infrastructure
Education and/or Experience
- 4-year college degree with a major in a degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or affiliated field.
- Minimum 5 years’ manufacturing systems experience.
- Experience in Automation Engineering and/or Systems Engineering preferred.
- Program/project management experience required
- Working knowledge and demonstrated application of Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to coach key skills including, but not limited to: project management, Root Cause Analysis techniques, Manufacturing Guidelines and Standards, Process Control, etc.
- Ability to effectively manage project development and engineering teams to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Ability to lead and function collaboratively in a team environment, while effectively communicating across various levels of the organization.
- The position requires strong collaborative, communication and change management skills.
- Work with businesses and leaders across the organization to proactively identify, prioritize, facilitate and lead management improvement initiatives.
- Develop a close cooperation and full alignment with ISC team and Corporate/ISC initiatives and priorities
- Operates with integrity, transparency and humility.
- Acts as a true company owner to advance the overall interests of Xylem.
- Self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations.
- Balances clear strategic thinking and accountability in execution to deliver results.
- Good skills in English in writing and speaking are the basis for your intercultural competence. Additional language skills are welcome.