Senior Network Specialist
-the tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are a purpose-driven company, committed to creating economic and social value and to advancing sustainability across our customer solutions, company operations and culture, and humanitarian efforts in communities around the globe. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
The Role: The Senior Network Specialist role is to architect, plan, implement, troubleshoot and issue resolution of existing and future network infrastructures to deliver best-in-class network performance. The infrastructure includes network LAN/WAN (switches, routers), WLAN and VoIP. The successful candidate must be problem solver, self-starter, work with limited supervision, a team player and able to clearly communicate with other team members, management and user community and effectively work with external vendors and technology partners.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Directs, manages and administers the operational of data and VoIP systems.
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Provide design, engineering and architectural support to manage the network infrastructure including technical requirements, analysis, design and implementation of WAN, LAN, WLAN, SD-WAN, SDN and VoIP.
- Install, configure, administer and maintain all Cisco Network switches and routers.
- Provide level-2/3 network support including system monitoring and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Engineer, document and implement LAN, WAN and WLAN solutions.
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the infrastructure and IT global systems.
- Provide input to approve purchase of supplier equipment per standards.
- Manage technology vendors and partners.
- Participate in system acceptance testing and change management process.
- Manage the operational related projects.
- Perform rigorous problem root cause analysis, focusing on lessons learned to improve processes.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Sciences, Systems Engineering or related major.
- Equivalent of 5-8 years of relevant experience architecting, designing, installing and maintaining network systems defined by job posting.
- CCNP certification or equivalent is a plus.
- Advanced experience with multivendor global enterprise environment.
- Advanced experience in architecting large scale global networks and documentation.
- Advanced experience in SDN and SD-WAN.
- Advanced experience in VoIP and SIP design and support.
- Advanced experience and understanding of OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Advanced experience and understanding of dynamic routing (BGP and OSPF).
- Working experience and understanding in technical areas: Networking Protocols/Services BGP, OSPF, IPSec, GRE, HSRP/VRRP, NAT/PAT, SNMP, MPLS, VoIP, SIP, VPLS, QoS, T1, DS3, Ethernet, Firewalls, SDN , SDA and Cisco DNA.
- Excellent technical abilities and working experience of Cisco network infrastructure.
- Knowledge of wireless protocols (802.11) and Cisco Wireless Controllers.
- Preferred experience in network load balancers.
- Project management skills, ability to manage time and complex tasks, and working knowledge of SLAs and Metrix.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectivity with a wide range of constituencies to communicate technical information and non-technical personnel.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.