Test Engineer / Sr. Test Engineer
Page 1 of 3
: India Technology Centre, Vadodara
Category/Department : Transport –Monitoring & Control
: Test Engineer / Sr. Test Engineer
Purpose of Position
: System Testing of M&C solutions for Transport GC
Summary of the scope of responsibilities
The ideal candidate will provide test development, verification and validation throughout the product
development and project execution. Work closely with design engineers, product and project managers to
develop products / Solutions and to develop test procedures and test cases for final validation.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (Details of the Job Responsibilities)
1. Participate in M&C (Monitoring and Controls) product development: preparation of test,
specifications, analysis and recommendations for test criteria during the development of
2. Develop testing solutions, automated test frameworks and test suites to meet business
needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic schedules
and adherence to testing goals and principles
3. Provide embedded / software validation support throughout the product development and
4. Work closely with engineering team at ITC at both locations (Vadodara and Bangalore),
product and project managers to develop products and to develop test procedures and
test cases for final validation.
5. Understand the project requirements and develop roadmaps.
6. Estimating task execution time and ensuring on-time delivery of work with quality.
7. Prepare and get product certifications.
8. Support and resolve product field issues.
9. Perform thorough testing with defined product feature, functionality or behavior while being
developed. Apply different test techniques to find new defects. Work closely with
development engineers to test a specific functionality, as well as supporting the system
10. Develop testing tools and work with various stakeholders to ensure standard QE
processes are implemented and followed at multiple sites across the world. Evaluate,
recommend, and institutionalize improvements to integration test processes, work
products/services, and results. Provides test support and mentoring to other members
outside of the team.
11. Keep well informed of new features and products/services. Be proactive in understanding
product/service roadmaps and the implications of new features with peer engineers or self-
Page 2 of 3
ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES (Details of minimum requirements)
Minimum Professional/educational qualification and experience:
1. 4-Year bachelor’s degree in Instrumentation / Electrical / Electronics / Electronics &
1. At least 3-4 years of professional experience in areas directly related to embedded products /
2. Experience in using National Instruments Modules, LabVIEW, Test Stand Programming is must.
3. Experience in Automated testing Development is preferred.
Important competencies and knowledge required
1. An expert in Python, Test Stand, HMI programming.
2. C programming - nice to have, for developing the test codes for board bring-up.
3. Experience of communication Protocols (DNP3 / ModBus / ProfiNet / ProfiBus / EtherCAT / OPC
UA / BACNET)
4. Knowledge of NI RT, FPGA, cRIO, PXI & PCI bus cards, C-Series Modules, USB DAQ etc interfacing
and data acquisition, simulation. - Must have
5. Interfacing with GPIB, RS-232, SPI, I2C, RS-485 Modbus.
6. Knowledge of VFD (Variable Frequency Drives) and Pump Controls is nice to have.
7. Knowledge of Version control systems to maintain the historical records of test results.
8. Knowledge of LabView and software testing standards
Skills and Abilities
1. A high-energy, self-motivated, results oriented individual
2. Strong technical, communication, and inter-personal capabilities
4. Bias toward speed, strong sense of urgency
5. Comfortable with customers and a customer advocate
6. Listens and works well in team environment
7. Ability to solve complex problems
8. Learns new concepts quickly and autonomously
9. Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
10. Searches out the best practice with continuous improvement mindset
11. Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other communication tools
12. Fluency in English language is must
Stamina and Adaptability
1. Capable of working with cross functional team
2. Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones.
Page 3 of 3
3. Extensive lab testing, moving small equipment, etc.
1. Electrical test labs, high voltage potentials.
2. Pump controls & test machines and rooms, high voltage potentials, mechanical hazards (moving
machinery), high temperature hazards (hot metal, sparks)
3. Occasional travel, both domestic and international
Reviewed and Approved By and Date:
Noted By and Date:
H R Department:
Xylem offers you an exciting career in an international environment, with a global network
of sales companies, suppliers and manufacturers. You will work actively with other
departments, developing new technologies and products and managing existing ones,
supporting our mission to become the world leader in providing cutting edge products /
solutions that solve some of the most challenging needs in market place. We will focus on
your personal development and prepare you on your present and future career path.