1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to engineering department for higher level pump system control applications through training and mentorship of regional engineers, documentation, and assisting with custom application requests.
- Create wiring diagrams and controls logic for applications
- Work closely with vendors and purchasing to select and specify key control components for quoting and purchase.
- Educate and train sales force in the implementation, operation and maintenance of controls technology.
- Develop new products and applications as they fit within Xylem s strategic growth initiatives.
- Manage controls portion of jobs for temporary and permanent pumping projects.
- Plan, schedule, quote and monitor projects to ensure proper timing and quality.
- Support the regional application engineers in the preparation and review of control related submittal documents
- Troubleshoot performance issues with rental equipment.
- System commissioning
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Cross Boundary Collaboration
- Internal and External Focus
- Accountability for Actions
- Project Planning and Execution
- 2 year or more experience in a related field; experience within construction, industrial, municipal or mining industries preferred. (Experience within construction, industrial, municipal or mining industries preferred)
- General knowledge of diesel engines and electric motors
- Proficiency with CAD & Microsoft Office
- Ability to program and set parameters for VFDs and PLC software.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree (Honors) in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Civil)
- Thorough understanding of fluid hydraulics
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical wiring diagrams
- Understanding of network conductivity and machine to machine communications
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently with initiative in a fast paced environment
- Ability to collaborate and build effective relationships at all levels of the organization
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Able to visit customer sites (often outdoors and on rough terrain) and perform basic maintenance and operational tasks on the Godwin brand products
- Standard weekly job hours: 37
- Travel requirement: Ability to travel frequently with little notice and for extended periods of time