Cloud Operations Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Cloud Infrastructure Manager. Oversees systems performance, the monitoring of equipment and the management of vendor relationships. Responsible for capacity planning and continual assessments for process improvement to ensure that processes are well-documented, sustainable and scalable. Monitors ongoing practices to ensure consistency with policies, compliance regulations and control requirements. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. May involve company-hosted, cloud solutions or may include project-based jobs working with other teams in Sensus and Xylem. Works with end customers to assure customer satisfaction.
Scaling and optimizing infrastructure platforms, while keeping costs and efforts sustainable.
Monitoring ongoing practices to ensure consistency with policies, compliance regulations and control requirements. Driving innovation, provide vision, and be deep in the technical details across many projects. Managing multiple complex projects and teams of exceptional individual contributors. Developing talent within the organization by providing an inclusive environment that fosters learning and growth. Maintaining relationships with end customers and other internal organizations.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
• Responsible for maintaining hardware and software that supports business processing requirements.
• Responsible for both public and private cloud operations in AWS and Azure.
• Manage customer relationships in public and private cloud deployments.
• Work closely with security operations to maintain proper security posture.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of three datacenters (our private cloud), 3,000 computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
• Share manager on call responsibility with other managers.
• Conduct regular audits of software licensing
• Collaborate with team members and managers of other departments to resolve problems.
• Travel periodically to work with AMI and other customers.
• Understand and manage disaster recovery operations and documentation.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
• Bachelors and 6 years of related experience or 12 years of related experience without the degree.
• 4 years’ experience with public cloud operations.
• 8 years’ experience with VMWare, Windows, Linux, SAN/Network and Server hardware.
• 4 years’ experience with backup and replication technologies.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, in order to discuss/document technical information.
• Ability to execute assignments within established timeframes and quality standards, while responding to immediate needs.
• Organized and detail oriented with excellent time management skills.
• Ability to multitask with propensity to handle urgent interruptions with poise and professionalism.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.