Factory General Laborer
Essential Functions: Sweeping cleaning, lifting, moving, carrying; obtaining parts and/or assemblies or sub-assemblies, skids, containers, trays, etc. Fitting and assembling manually or with hand tools and fixtures. Visually check, clean, stamp, and otherwise perform such operations as required to complete assembly as instructed. Report unusual production or quality circumstances to supervisor. Maintain written or electronic production and job records.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred with the ability to read, write, perform simple arithmetic, use simple gauges and follow instructions; one-year prior Industrial/Manufacturing experience gained from the machining, assembly, packaging, material handling, warehousing, electronics, or plastics injection molding industries is preferred. Related manufacturing or vocational-technical training in machine set-up or operation is highly preferred but not required. Basic computer familiarity is necessary. Must have solid prior work history.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manufacturing plant environment requiring the use of safety glasses, safety equipment, and in some areas, hearing protections.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability and desire to work all shifts. Candidates must be available to work all shifts (Day, Afternoon/Evening, and Night) on a non-rotating basis, and work both shift and weekend overtime as necessary.
- Ability to perform movements associated with part assembly, cleaning, sweeping.
- Ability to perform simple lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.