Senior IT Cloud Web Application Developer (Remote)
We’re Hiring for a Senior IT Cloud Web Application Developer (Remote)!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Senior IT Cloud Web Application Developer (Remote) will be responsible for designing and developing web applications that support strategic business processes. In this role, the incumbent will also develop partners with business liaisons to understand the elicited software requirements to ensure that the operations of the application are created and maintained in a consistent, logical, error-free, and optimal manner. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Partner with business liaisons to define functional, and design requirements for enhanced end-user experience for web applications.
- Design user interfaces by using conceptual design techniques such as creating visual mockups, prototypes, and diagrams.
- Enhance, maintain, and troubleshoot web applications and their integrations.
- Improve the user-experience by applying best practices and industry trends currently in the marketplace.
- Adheres to best practice cloud architecture and development standards.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve user satisfaction.
- Provide on call support for run-time issues for web applications.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience is required.
- 7+ years’ web development.
- 2 Year minimum cloud-based development, preferably using Azure.
- Programming experience in C#, .NET, Angular
- Experience working in Agile Scrum software development model.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards.
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams.
- Ability to travel (20% expectation).
- Exposure to Manufacturing and/or eCommerce business domains; exposure to JIRA and Bitbucket tools
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a standard office environment. The standard working hours are 40 hours per week. The position can be remote based.
The estimated salary range for this position is $100,000 to $150,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.