1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Continuous Improvement (CI) Analyst for the summer of 2020. As a member of the CI Team, the intern will be responsible for the collection, preparation, and data entry and reporting of all CI project activity for the Sensus portfolio of Continuous Improvement projects, both on an ad-hoc and formal basis. Ad-hoc reporting and monitoring of CI projects would be daily tasks, while periodic data entry of project savings into Xylem’s GEP financial model would be formal weekly and monthly responsibilities. In addition, the summer intern will provide administrative and project management support, which can include coordination of meeting and training sessions, as well as preparing periodic reports on overall CI progress and metrics reporting for the 3 Master Black Belts (MBBs) and 6 local Black Belts in Training (BBiTs). The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are excited and passionate to work with a team that is driving Sensus to the next level of continuous improvement and positive change, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Attending an accredited university studying toward a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent,
- Minimum GPA of 3.0,
- Is interested in providing and applying the latest in financial analysis and project management skill sets,
- Has exposure to manufacturing and process transactional experiences,
- Desire and ability to learn new tools and modeling techniques,
- Has a strong sense of ownership and drive,
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and
- Has a strong team support focus
- Excellent experience in advanced Excel formulas and macros, as well as database modeling techniques,
- Knows at least one or more data analysis software packages,
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, orally with both local and remote sites, and
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of cross-functional engineers, technicians and other professionals to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel,
- Have experience with modeling and reporting of financial results in a publicly traded company environment,
- Are familiar with project management tools such as Smartsheet and MS Project, as well as graphics software, such as Visio, and
- Had exposure to a fast paced team environment where you have interfaced regularly with continuous improvement and financial professionals.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.