Senior HR Business Partner
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Advanced Infrastructure Analytics growth center falls within a division of Xylem, a US based company that operates globally. Their mission is to solve water; supported through their strategic business initiatives as well as their dedication to Corporate Social Responsibility.
The Advanced Infrastructure Analytics growth center is targeted for substantial global growth over the next five years. This growth center encompasses water, waste water as well as the energy sector; oil and gas. We provide a wide range of proprietary technologies and software solutions that help pipeline operators and utilities proactively manage their assets.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Recruitment / Talent Management
Within Xylem, we have a Talent Acquisition Center of Excellence. This Center of Excellence leads all recruitment initiatives across North America. HR Business Partners are expected to engage this team for recruitment support.
Provides council / guidance on the division’s organizational structure and assists with keeping the structure up to date within the HRIS
- Assists with the development of succession plans for top talent and critical positions
- Provides support to leadership team with performance reviews
- Works with leaders to identify vacancies; engages the recruitment team for support in the creation of job postings and the implementation of effective recruitment strategies
- Provides coaching / guidance to leaders on the recruitment process and interview best practices
- Primary point of contact for employees / leaders on employee relations / performance issues
- Provides counsel / advisory support to leaders on employment issues
- Works with leaders to develop, implement, and manage performance improvement plans
- Provides advisory / onsite support to leaders throughout involuntary termination process
- Conducts exit interviews for voluntary resignations
- Partner with international counterpart to work through issues outside of local area of expertise
Compensation / Benefits
- Reviews / recommends compensation details for employees (i.e. new hires, transfers, promotions)
- Leads the annual compensation review process for client group
- Secondary point of contact for employees on benefit questions; have a centralized benefit group as primary contact
- Supports benefits team with the active management of disability claims
- Provides disability management support to leaders / employees
- Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implements changes necessary to cover risks
- Collaborates with leaders and Human Resource peers to design and implement divisional processes (i.e. onboarding, employee changes, performance reviews)
- Creates and delivers leader presentations
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 5-7 years of Senior Advisor / team lead experience; SPHR considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in a Business Management / HR preferred
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with peers, leaders and client groups
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects / tasks while maintaining focus on the management of change through the implementation of new / revised processes and programs
- Hands on experience developing, implementing, and maintaining divisional wide HR programs
- Proven ‘team player’ within client group, peer group, and supporting services
- Ability to facilitate meetings and deliver presentations and workshops to groups and senior level management
- Exposure / experience with merger and acquisition activity and post-acquisition integration support
- Proven experience working within a geographically diverse client group; inter
- Exposure / experience working with US based clients
- Minimal; within North America
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
EOE including disability and veteran