1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: Xylem AWS seeks to hire a Manufacturing Engineer for their Cheektowaga, New York facility to support the manufacturing operations of the facility and administer the development and implementation of capital investments, efficient processes, with fair and equitable standards for maximum utilization of equipment, facilities, and people to increase the facilities profitability and competitiveness.
- Analyze and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and customer requirements, prepare routings outlining optimum manufacturing instructions, procedures, tooling and standard costs.
- Perform cost estimates as requested. Work with purchasing and outside suppliers to generate accurate cost estimates, component, and material and process lead-time.
- Create and maintain Standard Cost (Data) files, Welding WPS/PQR files, ISO procedures and other Facility documentation and records as required.
- Analyze and interpret engineering drawings referring to in-house capabilities, prepare and/or request CNC programs, tooling, fixtures, procedures or work instructions and generate as required. Interface with and train factory operators as required to optimize processes.
- Prepare capital and expense budget proposals, cost analysis, appropriation requests, equipment requirements, process specifications and pant layouts to support business goals and VBLSS projects. Interact with all departments to resolve manufacturing issues and serve on committees and teams as requested.
- Investigate and resolve production, quality, equipment, maintenance and/or tooling problems. Investigate and communicate new technology, equipment and manufacturing innovations.
- Perform miscellaneous assignments and/or projects as directed.
- Analyze existing equipment and performance to provide recommendations for needed capacity, efficiency, customer service, quality and safety.
- Key Relationships:
- External: Customer & Suppliers
- Internal: Operations, Engineering, Materials, Marketing
- May be assigned, prime responsibility for a particular highly specialized phase of Manufacturing Engineering responsibility such as Welding, programming, etc. to serve as the facility’s expert in this area(s).
- Communicate with Manufacturing Engineering team on a daily basis, to assist in meeting contract requirements for all production lines and to maintain technical expertise, flexibility and uniformity.
- Coordinate with Production planning, Quality, Customer Service, and Engineering, as well as other departments to insure product materials and other requirements are available to support manufacturing, quality and on time delivery.
- Serve as a “back-up” to other Manufacturing Engineers or personnel, during periods of vacation, illness, etc.
- Adaptive learning
- Innovative thinking
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Planning & process orientation
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Project leadership
- System thinking
- Core inspiring accountability
- Solution design
- Technical-problem solving
- Customer solution orientation
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing related major BSIE, BSME, BSIT, BSMT
- Five to Ten years’ experience within a manufacturing industry that does machining, assembly and welding.
- Must possess good analytical and technical skills
- Must possess good communication skills (written and oral)
- Must have a good working knowledge of entire manufacturing processes
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing Certifications
- CNC and Robotic Welding programming experience
- AS400 Business System Knowledge
- 3D Software knowledge
- Office/Mfg. Plant: 50/50
- Minimal travel required
EOE including disability and veteran