Global Process Owner, Invoice to Pay
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: The Global Process Owner, Invoice to Pay (GPO I2P) function reports to the Senior Director, Global Business Services (GBS) Finance. As the global leader for the I2P tower, this role is responsible for ensuring successful management of Xylem’s global payables processes as defined by strong service delivery and customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, results-oriented individual who will thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess the ability to creatively solve problems, and think on their feet. This is a very exciting opportunity to be part of Xylem’s Global Business Services (GBS) organization that is transforming finance at Xylem Inc.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop, plan, and implement the operational and strategic aspects of the ITP process globally
- Build and manage highly collaborative relationships with cross-functional internal stakeholders, external suppliers and the F&A Outsourcing service providers (SP)
- Establish a cadence of regular business reviews to ensure customer satisfaction with internal customers
- Develop a clear path of escalation for internal customers to follow when issues arise that require expedited resolution
- Drive a continuous improvement mindset within the I2P tower by benchmarking our processes against industry leaders and presenting innovative solutions and recommendations; identify technological enhancement and task automation opportunities
- Enforce compliance with policies by partnering with key stakeholders and documenting end-to-end processes in-line with industry leading practices
- Monitor and improve the quality of the relationships between both Xylem and the service providers, as well as between GBS and its internal customers; establish realistic service level agreements and track commitments to completion
- Establish productive management level relationships with the service providers to ensure continuous alignment with strategies, priorities and requirements, as well as a forum to discuss disputes and resolve issues
- Ensure that appropriate audit controls are in place for service providers processes and invoices
- Establish annual cost, productivity, quality and value goals; identify and report corresponding KPIs to appropriate stakeholders
- Recruit, train, mentor and coach the I2P team and partner with Human Resources on development initiatives and succession planning; empower each individual within I2P to own their responsibilities and relationships
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field; MBA preferred
- 15+ years of direct software tool implementation, upgrade, and support experience
- 15+ years of in internal or external consulting experience
- 10+ years of accounting required (US GAAP and IFRS)
- 10+ years of governance and compliance experience
- Subject matter expertise in AP processes and experience with AP enabling technology platforms
- Proven track record of driving process design, service delivery and customer relationship management within a global shared service finance function using outsourcing to 3rd party off-shore service providers
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; this role also requires a strong executive presence, as a key success factor will be the ability to influence the decisions of key stakeholders
- Prior experience partnering with project management and change management experts to deliver a successful program implementation
- Experience in training and supporting end users in learning to use AP enabling technology tools
- Leader, team player and change agent proficient at motivating both the service provider and Xylem staff and process stakeholders
- Experience implementing the PTP or ITP processes, as part of a global roll out, in a $1B+ revenue corporation operating in multiple regions of the world.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.