Digital Product Owner for IIOT Cloud Systems
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyse, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
You will work as part of the Systems Intelligence Centre of Excellence, a group dedicated to Xylem’s Cloud Platform and Connectivity,accelerating and expanding our IIOT technology solutions, enabling all water assets to be digitally connected across the globe.
Seasoned professional with experience of designing IOT cloud systems that communicate with a variety of COTS devices. You need at least 10 years of experience of working with a number of modern IOT technologies and approaches. You need to be familiar with cloud computing, designing secure, robust and scalable systems for interfacing with IOT standards. You need to understand time-series data, understand requirements for successful big data analytics solutions and understand fundamentals of designing web apps. You must have created and maintained a few complete IOT systems. You’ll be working with both internal and external customers and suppliers. You need to be comfortable both “getting your hands dirty” and managing developments by SoW with suppliers.
To be successful in this environment and realise your potential you will need to have:
- IOT protocols
- Handling large numbers of IOT devices
- Understanding commercial principles of IOT
- Experience designing IOT platforms
- Thorough experience of at least one cloud computing platform
- Product security
- Managing connected devices
- Back end systems, micro-services architectures
- Systems integrations, System of Systems
- Integration with enterprise systems
- Modern software development tools and methodologies
- Experience of working with remote teams
- Writing specifications and SoW
- Working with both internal and external suppliers of technology
- Industrial and control protocols (DNP3, IEC60870)
- Working with unreliable data links
- Familiarity with a number of IOT platforms
- Networks experience
- Working with multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
- Familiar with web applications
About our team
- Highly self-motivated
- Creative with hands-on problem solving and analytical abilities
- Have strong customer facing skills
- Demonstrate high integrity and ethical standards
- Have effective listening, communication (verbal and written) and negotiating skills
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Be a team player
Location flexible – package location dependant.