Director, Global Procurement - Transportation & Logistics
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Global T&L Director, Xylem Global Procurement – leads, plans, directs, and manages all T&L category team activities. The individual will lead a team of three (3) direct reports. This role will develop and implement a supply chain and logistics Procurement strategy to facilitate the cost-effective flow of products (Inbound and Outbound) and meaningfully contribute to Xylem business growth objectives. The Director will be responsible for achieving year-over-year productivity, working capital improvements and key KPI driven metrics for Xylem Worldwide by developing and executing, in strong liaison with Stakeholders solid strategies for all the categories within T&L.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies.
- Monitor the performance of all supply activities against the goals and identify countermeasures.
- Liaise with other senior executives / clients across the organization to ensure procurement strategies and activities are integrated with other parts of the business and aligned with the overall objectives.
- Assess, define, develop execute and deliver savings for assigned categories.
- Portfolio analysis, define, create and implement T&L and technology roadmaps, supplier pricing strategy, supply base optimization for strategic categories
- Monitor the performance of the key logistic providers and conduct quarterly business reviews
- Define and implement SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) with carriers and sites.
- Leverage and influence company policy.
- Lead KPI based resource assignment.
- Recruit and develop talent (as required) within the global procurement organization, including Global & Regional category managers and strategic sourcing specialists.
- Mentor individuals within the global procurement organization including project management, supplier development and VAVE.
- Research, negotiate, maintain, monitor, and regularly evaluate relationships and contracts with external suppliers so the organization has a reliable supply of goods and services that meet its standards of quality, timeliness and cost.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Demonstrated success in implementing a global T&L category strategic plan via a work team.
- Must possess Transportation & Logistics / Professional Services category knowledge in addition to strong program and project management skills.
- Adept at negotiation techniques, presentation skills, and training in lean manufacturing required - Lean Six Sigma certification desirable.
- 10+ years of experience in global or T&L matured in both manufacturing and freight forwarding industry.
- Experience in 4PL. (Control Towers)
- BS in Business or Supply Chain - MBA preferred.
- Drive Change Management initiatives, intelligent risk taking while managing risk, managerial courage and willing to make hard, fact based decisions - comfortable with ambiguity.
- Prior global/international business experience required; must be knowledgeable, adept, and proactive in identifying, developing, and capitalizing on international opportunities.
- Maintain, build, and grow supplier relationships, cultural sensitivity/communication/global thinking.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, team building, delegation, and communication skills.
- Excellent business acumen - analytical and quantitative skills.
- English fluency required and multi-lingual capability preferred.
- Significant travel of up to 50% likely.
- Customer and Internal Clients first - Driven by the need to understand and meet the expectations / requirements of customers and Internal Clients. Proactively builds strong relationships across the customer network. Personally builds / maintains strong relationships across the customer network.
- Managing change - Develops a shared vision and strategy for change. Delivers change whilst managing the interface between “day to day” and improvement projects. Tenacious in the pursuit of change goals.
- Problem solving & decision making - Defines problems, systematically gathers and analyses data, identifies cause & effects and establishes root causes & achievable solutions. Makes good and timely decisions.
- Drive for results - Is passionate about and perseveres in the pursuit of challenging stretch goals. Demonstrates energy, drive and enthusiasm when striving to accomplish and improve results.
- Interpersonal effectiveness - Flexible use of accomplished interpersonal behaviors that facilitate in building trust and engagement amongst others whilst reducing the opportunity for conflict.
- Willing and able to handle difficult conversations in a positive manner.
- Suppliers – Owns the relationship to strategic T&L suppliers to Xylem on a global basis.
- Corporate functional teams, Operations, Logistics, Marketing & Sales, Growth Center Functional Leadership
- Regional Supply Chain Teams within Xylem - Implement processes and standards for T&L category provide center-of-excellence resources
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 50%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.