Business Relationship Director (MVNO)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
We hire bright, thoughtful and motivated individuals, and recognise that our success as an organisation depends on creating an environment where great employees can thrive. Teams are fluid, and individuals are trusted to take on stretching work within a supportive environment that emphasises the importance of strong communication and knowledge sharing. The fast-paced, project-based environment provides opportunities for motivated people to get involved in all aspects of delivery and to develop into new technical areas.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
As a critical part of Xylem’s digital strategy towards connected devices and ultimately full solutions and services offerings, a new team has been established to define and manage Xylem’s global communications technologies and portfolio. This team will act as the central resource providing consultative and operational support for the development, implementation and ongoing operation of communications capabilities central to the digital connected solutions being offered by Xylem enterprise wide.
The role of Business Relationship Director combines technical expertise, business acumen and operational experience to engage with customers, internal stakeholders and external partners to drive the execution of the Xylem Global Communications Strategy.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Creation and maintenance of the Xylem Virtual Network Roadmap
- Completion of MVNO and MNO assessments and selection of preferred Satellite, Cellular MNO and MVNO partners and execution of commercial agreements with those partners
- Ongoing commercial management of preferred communications solution partners (e.g. MNOs, MVNOs, Satellite Service providers, etc.) for the enterprise
- Partnering with supply chain to capture cost savings via carrier contract consolidation
- Coordination and provision of proactive support to Xylem sales teams in direct customer and channel engagement on comms specific aspects of Xylem connected solutions including:
- Support for customer conversations
- Responses to customer RFI/RFP including guidance on KPIs and risks
- Review of any customized customer solutions to assess compliance with Xylem comms guidelines
- Co-ordination of Xylem engagement with comms related standards bodies
- Assessing new communications technologies (technical and commercial) and publishing guidelines for usage and implementation
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited institution, or equivalent. MBA preferred
- A minimum of 7 years previous experience
- Knowledge of cellular communications technical and operational characteristics and associated commercial implications
- Familiarity with global Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) and Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs)
- Experience providing global communications services for IoT applications desired
- Demonstrated ability to interpret comms technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong operational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and lead project teams to successful project completion. Strong Execution capability
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and partnering capabilities need to work constructively with key stakeholders in product management, commercial teams and R&D
- Solid understanding of technical and commercial aspects of communications technology
- Demonstrated ability to identify and assess emerging and existing technologies
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office or site laboratory setting
- Estimated 30 % travel requirement
Our total rewards includes comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship. While individual program components may differ by country, by location and/or by role, some things remain constant:
Xylem offers competitive compensation and based on the role eligibility for incentive compensation (bonus and/or long-term equity).
We provide comprehensive benefits including healthcare, retirement, financial protection and many other offerings.
- Work / Life
We offer flexible paid-time-off and work/life flexibility programs. Some locations also provide summer and/or holiday hours.
- Performance & Recognition
We encourage a culture of on-going feedback. We believe it’s important to recognize colleagues for driving innovation, delivering continuous improvement, ensuring a safe workforce, working collaboratively and delivering on our sustainability and business results.
- Career Opportunity & Development
Xylem offers career opportunities across the globe and development programs for both building functional skills and leadership competencies.
We are proud of our global corporate citizenship and social investment program. We provide paid volunteer opportunities for our employees. The mission of our Watermark program is to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the globe and educate people about water issues