1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Brief Description/Job Summary (this section is to be used for postings on social media outlets):
The Application Engineering gives direct technical support to internal and external customers regarding product/application information, product selection and special quotation.
In case of projects related to Building Service, Industrial or Public Utilities applications or involving key customers, he works close to Sales coordinating the activities of the internal departments (Product Management, R&D, Operations) in order to deliver the requested documentation.
His/her role is critical to ensure customer satisfaction and quick on field problem solving.
- Provide customers with technical support for selection of standard/customized products showing an extensive knowledge of our product portfolio and possible applications
- Work together with Sales to understand customer needs / applications and provide the best, profitable product solutions (standard or customized).
- Work with Engineering, Purchasing, Marketing, Master Planning and Operations to define the best technical solution for the Customer.
- Quote customized/standard products for single projects or develop offers for tenders
- Cooperate with training department and sales giving support to customers (customer visit, witness test)
- Cooperate with Sales Assistants to solve issues about customer product need
- Contribute with new ideas/suggestions to continuous improvement
- provide technical solution to OEM and large/international key accounts in the EMEA region
- Support OEM KAMs of Xylem Commercial team (Sales)
- Provide feedback to product management team on highly requested special features
- Attend Exhibitions
- Visiting customers on demand for technical support to commercial team (Sales)
- Work close to Sales in specific Industrial and/or Public Utilities projects
- Collaborate in projects Management
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Materials or Electrical Engineering is preferred
- Fluent in English and Italian
- An experience in the Customer Service area (Technical Support, After Sales, Pre-Sales) is a qualifying factor
- Experience in dealing with complex organization and processes, able to work across boundaries
- Good knowledge of AS400 is a qualifying factor