Monitoring & Controls Rental Product Owner
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The M&C Rental Product Owner will expand the rental of temporary and portable control systems for dewatering equipment by effectively managing the M&C product offering in Xylem’s rental fleet. The Product Owner will take in feedback from product management, sales, and engineering to standardize the M&C rental product line. The Product Owner will enable sales, operations, and application engineering teams to rent and support M&C products effectively.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with different departments such as Operations, Engineering, Sales, Service and Product Management
- Collaborates with product management and application engineering teams to translate business requirements into technical requirements for M&C rental hardware and software
- Standardizes M&C rental product offerings and implementation
- Develops and maintains M&C rental product documentation including, but not limited to quick start guides, technical specifications, installation and operation manuals and troubleshooting guides
- Holds position on Xylem Digital Center of Excellence (C.O.E).
- Works with product management to define launch and release plans on new product offerings
- Cooperates with Xylem sister-companies to ensure that their products are applied correctly in rental applications
- Develops and communicates customer value propositions effectively
- Collaborate with M&C Service Manager and training teams to develop service courses for Godwin VFDs, RMC Panels, and relevant instrumentation
- Actively builds and works with cross-functional teams, and coordinate across departments to motivate development team members to deliver according to both internal and external deadlines
- Works with controls design engineers and product management to establish guidelines for the sales team regarding how to apply standard VFDs, soft starts and motor starter panels
- Engage with procurement/supply chain on standard products and agreements with suppliers
- Participate in Xylem’s Watermark activities.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical) from an accredited institution or a combination of education and work experience
- A minimum of three (3) years previous experience in the rental/temporary equipment industry
- Demonstrate excellent computer, communication, presentation, management, and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues.
- Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills to effectively work with customers, business partners, staff, and management from a variety of skill levels as well as different authority levels
- Thorough understanding of fluid hydraulics and pump control systems
- General knowledge of diesel engines and electric motors
- Comprehensive knowledge of PLCs, motor starters and VFDs
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently with initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate and build effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Thorough understanding of fluid hydraulics and pump control systems
- 2 or more years hands-on experience on construction work sites
- General knowledge of logistics, freight, and shipping practices
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Shop/Job Site: Intermittent exposure to job site conditions, e.g., gas fields, petrochemical refineries, mills, mines, construction sites, industrial/power plants, wastewater treatment plants, etc.; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. The M&C Rental Product Owner will need to travel to regional branches or hubs 1-2 times per quarter, or as projects require.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.