Intern - Marketing - Summer 2021
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Marketing Intern for summer 2021. The successful candidate will be chosen based on readiness to succeed in a fast-paced, fluid environment and a drive to ensure project initiatives are met. If you are excited and passionate about creating highly engaging content and applying best-practice marketing techniques to help promote state-of-the art water quality instrumentation, we want to hear from you!
**This is a remote position and performed in any location in the United States, except Colorado**
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Gain an understanding of solutions and products in the increasingly relevant and growing green-technology sector.
- Grow your marketing and writing skills in a business that cares deeply about the environment and water quality.
- Collaborate with the content marketing manager and other team members to create content such as article(s) for Mission: Water, parameter pages for YSI.com, handbooks, blogs, and more.
- Assist with updates to outdated content and identify gaps in our content library.
- Determine the success of our content and suggest ways to improve performance.
- Support various market research projects.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Is attending (or recently graduated from) an accredited university studying Marketing, Business, or any related field. Environmental science students with an interest in marketing are also welcome to apply.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and is comfortable with engaging others and asking questions.
- Can provide examples of recent work leveraging strong writing skills.
- Has a strong sense of ownership and drive, and is a self-starter with great organizational skills.
- Has the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- An understanding of content marketing and market research
- Passion for the environment, technology, and global water concerns
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, and bend.
- Remote position – you must have a safe, reliable space where you can work without interruption.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.