1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire an EHSSS Manager. This position supports critical safety and environmental process, programs, and procedures in order to achieve a zero-injury and NOV environment. The successful candidate applies technical abilities to engage employees at all levels of the organization in order to sustain world-class safety and environmental processes. The position reports directly to the Sr. EHS Manager, Sensus NA.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support EHS and Security directives in a timely manner, leading to the successful completion of projects.
- Assist in reviewing and updating safety programs and supporting training including but not limited to Lock-Out Tag-Out, exposure control, Hazard communication, electrical safety, confined space, hazard assessment, and PPE program.
- Assist in identifying, and resolving, critical regulatory issues.
- Manage incident investigations and corrective action plans.
- Assist in performing environmental audits for Air, Water, Waste, SPCC, etc.
- Act as onsite support services for the entire lifecycle of a hazardous materials management programs at client sites by performing chemical inventories, segregating chemicals, and shipping hazardous waste off-site.
- Assist in chemical spill emergencies by managing the containment, clean up, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Assist in maintaining site security and emergency preparedness administrative documentation and assist in performing practice drills, etc.
- Assist with performing training related to EHSSS.
- Assist in conducting EHSSS audits to help comply with Corporate, State, and Federal EHSSS policies and regulations.
- Assist in Leading safety teams (ergo, safety committees, risk reduction teams, etc.).
- Perform environmental regulatory inspections and lead efforts to reduce waste to landfill, electricity, nature gas, water use, etc.
- Assist in developing programs designed to Continuous Improvement EHS efforts.
- Assist Operation in achieving overall facility compliance and place focus on moving beyond compliance.
- Support HR in Short Term disability, RTW exams, pre-employment physicals and drug screens and personal employee medical conditions as needed.
- Coordinate the respirator, hearing conservation, safety shoes and safety glasses, and BBP programs including training.
- Assist in accident investigation and help facilitate the programs and procedures to ensure work related injuries are reported and investigated in order to prevent reoccurrences.
- Perform Risk Assessments and assist in driving corrective actions and creative solutions.
- Assist in the coordination of exposure monitoring schedules.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Act as liaison to production supervision and personnel for exposure monitoring results, recommendations and control strategies.
- Interface with supervisor and managers regarding health and safety matters.
- Assist in maintaining safety related permits and air monitoring equipment.
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis, system auditing, and ergonomic task analysis.
- Monitor contractor safety compliance.
- Knowledge of Workers’ Compensation Laws.
- Must be able to organize, direct control, and coordinate the services.
- Critical thinking and good problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Manufacturing floor: work performed within manufacturing production areas such as assembly lines, fabrication, welding, etc.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Work hours may keep individual after hours or be required to work weekends based on production demand and schedule.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.