Director, Global Supply Chain Finance
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Director, Global Supply Chain Finance to execute and oversee strategic projects for Global Supply Chain along with researching, recommending, and articulating long range strategy to achieve the organization's business goals.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Partner with the VP, of Supply Chain Finance to develop and execute strategic projects and initiatives for the Integrated Supply Chain.
- Drive cost accounting standardization across all Xylem Inc. manufacturing sites ensuring common measurement of conversion cost and product cost
- Support the VP, Supply Chain Finance in the development of Operations & Supply Chain finance talent across Xylem.
- Oversee the Integrated Supply Chain organization’s cost center information (including budgets, forecasts, and actuals) and partner proactively with cost center leadership on cost reduction and budget management.
- Partner with key customers to perform financial conversion cost assessments at Xylem manufacturing sites.
- Provide leadership, reporting and return analysis for the Xylem Investment Council.
- Build SIOP analysis and financial models to support Integrated planning cycles.
- Lead the development and execution of KPI metrics across the Integrated Supply Chain organization.
- Manage and mentor the Finance Leadership Development Program member assigned to the ISC Finance team. Find and execute development opportunities for high potential candidates in this program.
- Act as a liaison and advocate for Global Procurement/Supply Chain with the business unit controllership, corporate FP&A, and corporate Accounting groups.
- Conduct routine trainings on key initiatives of the Global Procurement/Supply Chain group
- Work with the external auditors and other consultants where necessary to ensure there is an understanding of the Xylem business and initiatives.
- Responsible for the management and development of one FLDP and building working partnerships with the Operating finance leadership in each business unit.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is required; MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of operational finance experience with a global manufacturing company.
- Factory and product cost ability analysis.
- Experience with HFM and/or OneStream a plus but not required.
- Skilled background with analysis in Microsoft excel required.
- Able to effectively convey ideas and messages both formally and informally, in speaking and in writing, to stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Able to influence outcomes and achieve alignment with key stakeholders.
- Deliver clear, concise, accurate, articulate and persuasive written and oral messages, supply supporting facts as necessary and are adept at tailoring their communication to their audience.
- Experience with OneStream and Oracle.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: Up to 10% of the time
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.