Product Segment Manager - Lab
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem Analytics seeks to hire a Lab Product Segment Manager who is responsible for leading the Americas Lab Marketing and Product Management team. Brands associated with Xylem Analytics Laboratory product lines include OI Analytical, YSI, SI Analytics, Bellingham & Stanley, Ebro and Gerhardt. Primary responsibilities include planning, reporting, and driving execution of product and support strategies to achieve the overall business objectives.
This role is based in Yellow Springs, Ohio.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop global strategies and product road maps to grow market share and meet business objectives related to the lab segments
- Analyze market and technology trends to ensure that product development projects are relevant to current conditions and aligned with overall Xylem strategy
- Manage and execute on Product Management functions including driving new product development projects
- Manage North American MarCom functions
- Work closely with European based sister company Lab Segment team on product strategies and promotions
- Provide regular communication to global sales teams to ensure proper alignment
- Work with the marketing team to develop strategic marketing plans to promote products through various channels.
- Provide input into the OPS (S&OP and forecasting) planning process. Set sales and orders goals by produce line and category.
- Provide and monitor expense budgets
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports on the status of programs and initiatives and quarterly analysis of sales by product and region
- Set employee performance objectives, conduct performance reviews, and recommend pay actions
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Four-year college degree in Business, Marketing, Science/Biology or Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years product management, business development, marketing and/or managerial experience
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to lead and work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Persuasiveness - Ability to create enthusiasm around ideas.
- Customer service oriented - Proven ability to work constructively with customers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Ability to interpret/analyze data and translate findings into strategic planning information.
- Ability to perform as both a strategic thinker and tactical planner
- Comfortable using business technology
- MBA preferred.
- Technical experience such as in a field or lab water testing role or working with analytical instrumentation is preferred.
- Prior VOC and strategic planning training and experience
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work performed in an office setting working remotely or from a Xylem office free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel - up to 35% travel required, domestic and international.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.