Continuous Improvement Specialist
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Continuous Improvement (CI) Specialist to lead project teams to improve critical business processes and drive financial results. The incumbent would be responsible for identifying project scopes, developing project plans and business cases, and recruiting/ training/leading project team members, tracking/ measuring project results, etc.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Drive the development and implementation of Continuous Improvement projects ensuring they are integrated with business activities, improvement projects and business strategy.
- Facilitate multi-day kaizen events & workshops with cross-functional teams ranging from operations to executive leaders.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement via idea generation, define and financially justify projects, launching project teams, using good project management to manage team activities while leading teams to execute projects with the CI and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Mentor employees to realize benefits from all continuous improvement initiatives and act as a change agent to the site/organization.
- Work with leaders to identify, modify, and sustain desired changes including reducing waste and improving inefficiencies, it could be via Point kaizen,or any project type mentioned above.
- Provide training and coaching to team members to spread the base of Continuous improvement, Six Sigma Problem Solving tools and increase their team effectiveness.
- Support/develop/actively participate in initiatives to create engagement and a Continuous improvement Mindset.
- Support execution of the Xylem Production System
- Develop and conduct lean training based on the site Lean training initiatives.
- Support training of Xylem Lean facilitation certifications (Train the Trainer)
- Coordinate the improvements with the appropriate project/process owners to accomplish the objective on time, followed by the strategies to sustain methods, systems and improvements performed ensuring the project goals, objectives and/or metrics are being met and sustained.
- Validate and document the benefits obtained by providing the value center champion with the results.
- Ensure two-way open communications take place throughout the organization with respect to CI activities.
- Document Project Report outs as a Best Practices to display the completion of the project and communicate/Share success.
- Perform miscellaneous assignments and/or projects as directed.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
- 3+ year of successful leadership in executing continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma efforts and enabling efficiency, effectiveness, and tangible financial benefit
- Black Belt certification required Lean or Six Sigma
- PMP/Agile training or certification preferred (Project / Program experience is acceptable alternative)
- Hands-on and demonstrated experience with continuous improvement programs including employment of lean and / or Six Sigma tools and methodologies
- Facilitated or participated in at least 2 separate weeklong kaizen events while performing proper preparation and follow up
- Demonstrated successful project management experience and acumen
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience with ensuring effective Change Management development and execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.