Market Development Manager - Southeast
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Market Development Manager - Commercial Buildings Market – Southeast USA. This is an exciting opportunity to join Xylem’s Applied Water Systems business and its efforts to provide products and systems for the efficient movement and use of water in homes, commercial buildings, light industry, agriculture and irrigation. Xylem employees share a passion for meeting the world’s needs by offering the best water solutions to our customers. Xylem seeks employees with the ingenuity, skill and passion to help solve the world’s water challenges. Specifically, we are seeking a Market Development Manager – HVAC.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop a Master Business Plan with each Rep. The plan must include Representative Goals, Targeted Accounts, Travel Time Required, Perspective OEM’s, Growth of Major Trade Area’s, Etc..
- Deliver orders and sales targets versus budgets. Work with Rep/distributor to increase Sales & Market Share of products in territory and region. Open new Representation where and when necessary.
- Travel with Representative and Distributor Personnel to Train and help grow Xylem Product Sales.
- Maintain Large Project funnel with coordination and updates from channels.
- Assist Marketing in defining new Markets and Product Opportunities.
- Keep Management advised of competitors’ activities in Territory / Region.
- Make prospecting calls on OEM’s and Potential Distribution in each territory.
- Attend appropriate trade shows and related events to expand market knowledge of products and trends within the industry.
- Effectively motivate non-reports to implement Strategies.
- Ability to Coach, Strong Work Ethics, Risk-Taker, Accountable, Manage by Prevention, Distributor Conflicts, Timely submittal of required reports, Organization, Able to make Decisions, Ability to Work Independently
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree or Preferred B.S. degree Mechanical Engineering or related field, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 4-6 Years Field Sales Experience
- Channel Management Experience required
- Good communication, organization skills , and computer literacy,
- Leadership Managerial Competencies
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Superior Oral & Written Communication
- 50% Travel Required
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 50%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.