Senior Manager Industrial Engineering and Digital Technology
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem has the objective to reduce the overall conversion cost across the company by $60M by end of 2023. In that context a team is created to identify and build up the pipeline of projects in close collaboration with the manufacturing sites and the GC teams.
The Sr Manager Industrial Engineer will be part of this new team and will take the responsibility of the identification and the prioritization of the projects related to engineering and digital technology projects (part of Industry 4.0).
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the overall conversion cost process in collaboration with the conversion cost team
- Work with the manufacturing site to prepare on site assessments
- Go and run conversion cost assessment in collaboration with the assessment team and the site team
- Identify and build up project pipeline for opportunities in the area of engineering (machining, assembly, packaging, etc..) and digital technology (robotics, automation, VR/AR, RFID, …)
- Build business case with the local and business teams
- Prioritize projects based on defined criteria
- Allocate CapEx on prioritize projects
- Coordinate project execution for engineering and digital technology projects
- Coordination with local SME in order to leverage and synergize know-how, partners (ie: vendors), training, spare parts
- Ensure consistency of delivery by project team on site and in the businesses
- Lead governance on industrial engineering and digital technology initiatives with the sites/businesses
- Develop and implement world class CI learning organizational model in collaboration with business leaders and CI teams
- Integrate conversion cost activities related to the area of responsibility in the Xylem Production System
- Define enterprise standards in key focus area with business teams
- Identify good practice in the businesses to source the Xylem Production System
- Develop conversion cost/industrial engineering playbook in collaboration with the delivery and central team
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 10+ years’ business experience in global/international company
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Master's preferred
- Certification: Black Belt, Lean Master
- Language: English, additional is a plus
- Demonstrated success in leading significant change in large organization
- Proven industrial engineering expertise in various area
- Engineering: machining; assembly; testing, packaging…
- Digital technology: robotics (automation in general, cobots, AGV/AMR…); RFID; AR/VR; AM…
- Experience of running multiple, large size international projects in different locations
- Ability to drive hands on execution in the business and strategic thinking with top leaders
- Proficiency in coaching, people development, change management
- Practical experience in leading/implementing industrial engineering/digital technology
- Proven ability to develop influential relationship at multiple levels
- Team player
- Excellent overall business acumen and organizational savvy
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Propensity for identifying issues proactively, making decision with incomplete information, and ability to manage ambiguity
- Ability to simplify and clarify complex and ambiguous problems
- Excellent project management skills
- Analytical and process thinking
- Rational persuasion
- Passion for continuous improvement and change management
- Ability to teach and describe excellence
- Internal: Ops leaders, CI Leaders , site leaders, site management teams, site engineer, ISC team, business conversion cost teams
- External: consultant
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel Expectation: 75%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.