Financial Analyst, Record-to-Report
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: The Global Business Services (GBS) Record-to-Report Financial Analyst position plays an important role in promoting and maintaining adherence to Xylem’s Global Finance common technology platforms and best practice business process standards. This role reports to the Global Process Owner for Record-to-Report (GPO R2R) and is responsible for the overall reporting and analysis of assigned corporate ledger. The incumbent will partner with other Xylem business units, support Global Business Services Record-to-Report functions, and collaborate with Global Process Owner and Service Provider to meet or exceed determined Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and continuous improvements. The primary functions of this position relate to the accurate and timely reporting of financial results.
This role requires an enthusiastic and highly motivated professional capable of working in a fast paced environment while collaborating with various business stakeholders in administering the day-to-day operation of Xylem’s Global Finance program.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with service provider, maintain all functional controls to safeguard and effectively use Xylem assets through appropriate controls and compliance, and provide senior management with the level of support and information required for the operation of the business.
- In conjunction with the service provider, ensure the accuracy and integrity of all corporate general ledgers maintained by GBS and the related financial and accounting processes
- Working closely with the provider, prepare monthly account reconciliations and other analyses of corporate results for accuracy
- Oversee the service provide and maintain overall responsibility for managing inter-company accounting and reporting with HQ and with business units, including the netting and clearing process
- Partner with service provider to design and implement on-going improvements/enhancements to applications and processes and the related accounting, utilizing database development and lean concepts
- Maintain systems related to Fixed Asset reporting
- Other duties as assigned, including ad hoc report requests, and project work
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field, plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a Corporate Finance environment is preferred; or Associate’s degree plus a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent PC Skills (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) or willingness to learn.
- Proficient in manufacturing Financial Statement preparation and Accounting practices.
- Knowledge of local and regional statutory & regulatory compliance requirements for Accounting and Finance tasks.
- Exceptional Financial Analysis skills with attention to details
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience working in a Business Unit
- Demonstrate both the ability and motivation to work collaboratively in a team environment, across regions and functions, as well as working independently with minimal oversight.Self-starter who can prioritize tasks and manage deadlines, navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.Excellent analytical skills demonstrating an ability to identify root cause, generating and evaluating alternatives, and implementing solutions.Strong, professional verbal and written communication skills. Previous experience with process improvement and standardization
- Be an agent of continuous improvement and implement process improvements with lean methodology
- Be an agent of change
- Experience with Hyperion products (HFM,FDM/Planning/EBS) highly desirable
- Familiarity with Oracle and BlackLine
- SOA experience
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Will require travel to project sites.
- Work may require lifting less than 35 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel requirement: periodic 10-25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.