1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Senior Accountant/Analyst reports to the Controller, is responsible for performing day-to-day operations activities for sites in financial aspects as well as serving as a business partner and member. Position is a key contributor to AWS success, this includes cost accounting functions, supporting month end close, inventory accounting, early identification of cost variances and for recommendation and implementation of plans to reduce or eliminate waste as well as regular monitoring of the health of the company.
This position will manage the day to day activities for the cost accounting of the Buffalo and Guelph operations. These functions will include but are not limited to: PPV, standard cost updates, inventory accounting, daily sales and order reporting, working with plant operations in regards to cost and inventory, month end close functions (journal entries and balance sheet reconciliation support), annual cost rolls, and support of internal and external audits. This position will also work to monitor and ensure a strong controls environment.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist in monthly, quarterly, and yearly closing activities in strict adherence to close schedule
- Statutory Reporting
- Cost Accounting functions for the sites; PPV
- Inventory Accounting functions for the sites
- Serve as business partner to support AWS initiatives and make recommendations concerning business operations and resource allocation to improve financial performance and support operational excellence
- Ensures integrity of all compliance, internal and external reporting and coordination with VC and Xylem financial organizations and in line with US-GAAP and Local-GAAP and local legal requirements.
- Ensure functional objectives, operating policies and procedures, and SOX compliance needs are met
- Drive continuous improvement in terms of cost of finance as well as performance level. Meet yearly budget/forecast goals in quantitative measures
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Good collaborative and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and task management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work with diverse workforce and customer base
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Applying business knowledge
- Applying technical knowledge
- Business acumen
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.