Finance Leadership Development Program
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
General Program Duties
- Functions will vary based upon rotational area within Accounting, FP&A, Internal Audit, Strategy, Investor Relations, and Operations. Candidates will have full-time analyst responsibilities within each area and will assist in various projects.
- Accumulate and analyze results from Xylem’s businesses
- Assist team with closing monthly and quarterly
- Create reports, presentations and analysis as needed; Present findings in a coherent manner to various audiences
- Serve as liaison for the department and coordinate across multiple functions
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude
- Demonstrate basic problem solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibility
- Be a confident self-starter with the ability to prioritize
- Proactively discern potential problems and propose solutions
- Be a team player with a collaborative disposition
- Work effectively with all levels and functions within the organization
- Have a willingness to learn and work independently
- Maintain confidentiality
- Flexibile, organized, and poised under time constraints and deadlines
- Listen effectively, ask questions for clarification and guidance
- Build relationships and work in ambiguous situations
- Possess a strong work ethic and personal responsibility to see things through to completion
- Enhance productivity through technology
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Be able to travel (as needed) & relocate (at least once during program)
- Assist in Strategy projects or M&A deals (as applicable)
EU Commercial Rotation
- Support implementation of the Europe commercial team Centers of Excellence by developing a quarterly financial reporting process to include defined targets and standard reports that summarize key performance indicators (KPIs) and incentive achievement. This is a key transformation project in EU Commercial team and finance support is instrumental to the success.
- Develop commercial analytics leveraging data available in the data warehouse to support business decision making. Compile and deliver business intelligence reports to end users on a monthly basis. Together with vertical marketing and strategy, proactively investigate market conditions and growth rates, market trends, risks & opportunities, market share, pricing, discounting and competitor activity. Key Commercial reporting to develop: End Market analytics, Customer analytics, Sales by Destination analytics.
- Perform strategic review of product sales & profitability trends to support pricing and investment decisions, measure sales force effectiveness, and drive revenue growth faster than market growth rates
- Analyze direct vs. indirect sales channel performance to understand and highlight growth opportunities
- Analyze key accounts and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) volume and rebate achievement
- Develop a standardized European sales incentive process providing visibility on sales bonus achievement to the local sales team and to accounting
- Support commercial finance business partners to improve forecast accuracy through understanding of end markets, geographic and seasonal dynamics. Challenge assumptions made by European commercial teams through historical trend analysis. Build and publish accurate key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Facilitate reporting timeliness by clarifying and tracking due dates and validating completeness of HQ reporting
- Support business integration processes (i.e. Sensus and Grindex) including implementation of new and existing Europe review process
- Support and drive process efficiency and accuracy through continuous improvement
- Support functional objectives
- Develop operating policies and procedures relevant to work area in order to hand over upon role rotation
- Develop & Apply Business Knowledge
- Navigate Ambiguity
- Develop & Apply Technical Knowledge
- Break Down Complexity
- Strategic Thinking
- Enable Data Informed Decisions
- Develop Partnership & Champion Collaboration
- Act Bold
- Communicate Clearly & Candidly
- Customer Focus
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or business/economics (other disciplines such as data analytics, statistics, engineering, etc. will also be considered provided there is adequate core business studies)
- Knowledge of project planning methodologies such as critical path planning
- Knowledge of computers and database/spreadsheet/ word processing software
- Knowledge of query functions for the purpose of report creation
- Knowledge of Powerpoint and basic presentation tools
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong written communication / documentation
- Ability to take responsibility and function under minimal supervision
- Ability to work with wide range of people
- Fluent in English
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint skills
Additional preferences for a specific position.
- US GAAP knowledge
Relocation for at least one job rotation during program