Senior Design Engineer
Senior Design Engineer
If different from the Position Title
Reports to (Solid):
Jake Chappell- King
Reports to (Dotted):
(General benchmark overview of the position; 1-3 sentences.)
The Senior Design Engineer is responsible for ensure the technical requirements of a customer order are fulfilled. Including the design work, technical documentation, bills of materials and appropriate selection of bought out parts.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
(Describe benchmark key responsibilities in concise, comprehensive statements.)
- Design and detail 2D & 3D drawings of components and assemblies
- Complete the registration of parts and creation of BOM’s in Windchill, including support for standard costing and the allocation of routings when required
- Work with the Windchill Enterprise Change Process for orders and engineering changes
- Working with suppliers on selection and procurement of bought out equipment used on pumps
- Creation of Technical Documentation and Bulletins
- Support the testing and evaluation of pumps and associated equipment,
- Assist with the resolution of internal and external complaints, providing technical reports when required
- Provide technical support and advice for current and new products as required,
- Support the development programs and objectives by communicating with all engineering and production facilities,
- Ability to expand and develop innovative new ideas for current products,
- Play an active role in the safety culture of the company ensuring the safety of yourself and the safety of
others that could be affected by your acts or omissions at all times,
- Highlight any safety concerns to the relevant person.
- Working with operations and supply chain to value optimized Design
(Manager to provide additional responsibilities that is more organization/BU specific.)
- Support the maintenance of windchill
(Job Function specific; simplified list with link to full description by Career Stage in MyHR.)
Click here to see detailed proficiency level by Job Function and Career Stage.
- External: Commercial Teams & Suppliers
- Internal: Engineering Team, Sales Support, Operations & Procurement
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Degree or HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering (or closely related subject)
- Several years’ experience of rotating equipment
Additional preferences for a specific position.
- Mechanical Bachelor Degree (Honors)
- Working Knowledge of diesel engines
- Experience of designing & detailing castings and/or fabrications
- PTC Creo Parametric (Pro E) and/or PTC Windchill PLM
- 2D & 3D design experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to visit customer sites (often outdoors and on rough terrain)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mainly office based but occasional visits to customer sites
Standard weekly job hours: 37.25
Travel requirement: Ability to travel to customer sites
Other local requirement:
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or require that other tasks be performed as required by the business or job circumstances. (for example, but not limited to, personnel changes, technical developments, business needs, etc).
Additional Required Information for Job Evaluation:
Organization Chart (manager to attach):