Lead .NET Software Developer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Pure Technologies, a Xylem brand, is a world leader in the development and application of innovative technologies for inspection, monitoring and management of physical infrastructure. From monitoring the health of large bridges to protecting pipelines, our technologies and expertise are being used around the world to help manage deterioration and reduce loss. At Pure, our people are the key to our success. We take pride in recruiting the best talent available for all areas of our business.
The Role: Pure Technologies, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Lead .NET Software Developer who will be responsible for the overall architecture of our analysis platform and working as part of a team to deliver software to our internal stakeholders.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Architect a software platform to support the analysis of data.
- Lead a small team to develop cutting edge software.
- Ensure the quality of releases, including participating in peer code reviews.
- Design and develop applications and websites using .NET technologies.
- Implement, improve and query SQL Server databases.
- Integrate internal software with third-party applications.
- Support existing software in the organization.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 10+ years of experience using C#, or similar object-oriented languages.
- Experience developing web applications using ASP.NET MVC/Web API.
- Experience developing desktop applications using UWP, WPF or Windows Forms.
- Experience using Entity Framework, or similar object relational mapping tools.
- Experience using SQL Server, or similar relational database management systems.
- Experience and understanding of design patterns and dependency injection.
- Experience and understanding of unit testing.
- Experience using Git, or similar distributed revision control systems.
- Understanding of SOLID principals.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of Ports and Adapters Architecture.
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with Test Driven Development.
- Understanding of Domain Driven Design.
- Experience configuring continuous integration tools.
- Experience with .NET Core.
- Experience working with remote teams.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours