1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Xylem’s Applied Water Systems (AWS) business and its efforts to provide products and systems for the efficient movement and use of water in homes, commercial buildings, light industry, agriculture and irrigation. Xylem employees share a passion for meeting the world’s needs by offering the best water solutions to our customers. Xylem seeks employees with the ingenuity, skill and passion to help solve the world’s water challenges. Learn more at www.xylem.com., and click on Our Brands with a focus on Goulds Water Technology.
The Role: The EHS&S Manager provides leadership for the Environmental, Health, Safety, & Sustainability strategy and operational improvement for AWS Xylem facilities in Lubbock & Slaton sites. This position is responsible for the partnering with the corporate EHS&S function on the creation, development and maintenance of an effective environment, health, safety & sustainability program and works collaboratively with the leadership teams to lead strategy and achieve Xylem’s philosophy to “Accept Only Zero”. The EHS&S Manager is expected to drive culture change with a high degree of employee engagement proactively deploying the Xylem Continuous Improvement processes.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide effective leadership and engagement with each site on achieving world-class performance related to environment, health, safety & sustainability and coordinating all interaction with intercompany EHS&S resources and external partners in conjunction with current policies and regulations.
- Lead and collaborate with the Lubbock & Slaton, TX sites Leadership teams on the best way to drive cultural change around safety that drives high employee engagement
- Leverage EHS&S best practices across the company articulate and implement goals and objectives, initiatives, policies and procedures, and key performance indicators.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Business and Functional leaders to foster support for continual EHS improvement.
- Develop a high performing EHS team across Xylem Lubbock & Slaton Sites and provide change leadership and talent development for this team.
- Support the development of and drive the implementation of a global standard for training and education programs with the Director of EHS&S to ensure adequate and necessary knowledge of EHS regulations, requirements and company objectives.
- Direct and supervise EHS team in executing compliance responsibilities.
- Ensure EHS awareness, understanding and compliance with applicable EHS regulatory and contractual requirements. Works with external advisers as required and regulatory authorities to ensure compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations and best practices.
- Collect, monitor, analyze and evaluate metrics that measure effectiveness of EHS compliance and training programs and provide senior management with feedback.
- Lead and collaborate with the Lubbock & Slaton Leadership teams to establish appropriate sustainability improvement priorities, implementation targets and action plans.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Education - Requires a bachelor's degree and at least 6-10 years of experience in manufacturing or in a related area. Compliance audit experience required.
- Strong influence management capability needed
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Knowledge of/demonstrated interest in sustainability is a plus
- Continuous improvement/Lean experience required, Lean Six Sigma certification preferred
- 5+ years’ experience leading and directing the work of others.
- Leadership experience in driving culture change and implementing procedures and best practices.
- Experience in dispersed global workforce environment.
- Leadership: The EHS&S Manager must be a confident, resourceful leader with a global mindset who excels at getting the most from the people and company assets. Skilled in a matrix oriented environment, he/she must have the technical credibility and interpersonal skills to gain the immediate respect of the Leadership teams, Peers, Sr. management. This individual must bring an open mind and have a collaborative mindset. A true team player and collaborator who establishes and fosters an approach to business management, which stimulates open innovation, communication, teamwork and creativity in solving problems and identifying opportunities. Strong interpersonal and judgment skills to influence teams are essential, along with outcome-focused decision making. Ability to relate to a broad spectrum of people and unite various groups.
- Collaboration: The culture requires forging internal alliances and partnerships in an effort to drive results. Therefore, the successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multifunctional teams to bring about change. The manager will possess business maturity and be comfortable in rapidly changing environments, will act with a sense of urgency to drive sustainable results. They will develop and cultivate relationships between the teams in the Growth Centers as well as manufacturing and commercial groups.
- Subject Matter Expert: They must have the knowledge and capability to drive in partnership with other leaders the EHS&S culture of Xylem and how to build a world class EHS organization to support that culture.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees and/or customers on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Travel: 10-15%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.