Application Engineering Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Application Engineering Manager
We are looking for an Application Engineering Manager to join the Transport pumping team!
Transport pumping is providing innovative products and solutions to handle water and wastewater pumping. With global direct sales and service capabilities in 150 countries, we work closely with our customers to deliver trouble-free and energy-efficient operations. Our products are reliable and efficient pumps engineered to transport water and wastewater. Our team empowers comprehensive service capabilities and extensive application know-how.
As the Application Engineering Manager you will be responsible for managing a team of 7 highly skilled application engineers who support the Xylem Transport business globally. Your primary challenge will be to lead the team and together with them develop and drive market leading application engineering expertise and technical capability building. As a leader you are curious, have role model coaching capabilities and are aligned with Xylem’s employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
This role will work closely with the sales organization (Commercial Team´s) to ensure market leading expertise within our segment.
The role is also responsible for the internal technical trainings globally within transport pumping.
- Support the commercial teams’ efforts with system and solution design, troubleshooting, customer cases etc.
- Ensure profound application expertise is developed in the team within strategically important areas.
- Work closely with the commercial teams to identify development areas when it comes to building capabilities, processes and sales engineering tools within Transport pumping systems and application engineering to help drive the business forward
- Work closely with the other Application Engineering Managers to ensure cross collaboration align on processes and build expertise
- Work closely with the sales tools team to develop system engineering tools.
- Support Product Managers and R&D in development and launch projects.
- Work closely with the vertical marketing team in producing marketing and training material.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
- Develop and execute on succession plans
- Role model superior coaching & mentoring capabilities
- Develop a culture of customer centric organization and behavior
- Academic degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3-7 years previous experience in engineering or product management in an industrial equipment environment
- Experience managing direct reports and grow engineers in an Agile organization
- Demonstrate experience working in an international environment in a matrix organization
- Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills
- Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills in order to effectively work with customers, business partners, staff and management from a variety of skill levels as well as different authority levels
- Flexibility in terms of dealing with changing priorities and dealing with multiple projects simultaneously
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Project management skills with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
We only accept applicants through careers.xyleminc.com.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please contact Leila Sayyad, Corporate Recruiter, [email protected] .
Welcome with your application!