Assembler - 2nd Shift
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Assembler for 2nd shift. This role assembles and packs various small, light-weight assemblies, sub-assemblies and parts.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Using hand or simple power tools performs simple, short cycle, repetitive assembly operations on small, light-weight piece parts such as sleeve inserts, couplers, switches, impellers and other related sub-assemblies.
- As required, performs specific mechanical and/or electrical tests of an elementary nature using positive type gauge equipment to separate good product from bad.
- Visually and/or dimensionally checks material, supplies, parts, sub-assembles and finished product for shortages, defects and non-standard conditions. Upon discovery notifies supervision of all shortages, defects, non-standard conditions and malfunctioning machinery and equipment.
- Maintains related records, cleans machinery, equipment and work area on a daily basis and performs preventative maintenance as assigned. Moves material as required using hand or power equipment. Performs all related miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision.
- Counts and packs small parts in standard containers or feeds small parts to conveyorized packing machines.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Must read, write and speak English.
- Must either know or be trained in the following courses:
Intro to ISO
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Physical requirements include: good vision and hearing; ability to stand and walk, lift and carry 20 to 50 pounds occasionally and/or 10 to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly; stoop, crouch, reach for and handle objects, pick, pinch or otherwise work with the fingers and use the fingertips to perceive attributes of objects such as size, shape and surface finish.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is performed in a typical manufacturing plant environment under the following conditions: exposure to oil and water, noise, vibration, dust, mist, and chemicals including cleaning solvents.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.