Aftermarket Sales Coordinator – Treatment
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Support the aftermarket sales team activities for all Treatment business brands for Xylem. This includes, but is not limited to, working with our sales team and 3rd party representative organizations, aftermarket marketing, inside technical support, and operations inventory and logistics teams.
This position is responsible for establishing a strong customer focused aftermarket sales support team responsible for unparalleled technical support and responsiveness, soliciting orders, selling the company’s aftermarket product portfolio, and representing the company in accordance with the company policies in the area assigned.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Works under only general direction. Provides a variety of sales and transactional service related support and assistance to both internal and external customers including resolution of complex issues. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions related to customer orders and projects.
- Answers non-routine questions that require deviation from standardized procedures and may require significant research. Investigates, analyzes, and solves complex customer project, billing, technical, contract issues. Requires advanced knowledge of the company's products and services.
- Order Management: Processes orders for products and/or services from sales staff or direct customer contact. Maintains customer files with sales contracts and other information. Gives price quotations, completes orders, and coordinates as needed with other departments regarding order status, shipping dates, prices, product availability and back orders.
- Customer Billing Resolution: Investigates, analyzes, negotiates, resolves, documents and reports on consumer and commercial billing issues and complaints against the organization. Identifies solutions that address billing issues and presents appropriate resolution options to customers. Negotiates and authorizes billing settlements within established limits and adjusts customer accounts.
- Warranty: Processes, reviews and administers warranty claims, including repairs and refunds.
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries and maintains a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Advanced/in-depth and technical knowledge of procedures, all required systems (e.g., multiple ERP systems), and products.
- Schedule and prioritizes work to ensure team and personal goals are met.
- Assists management with new team member training.
- May lead CI projects related to standardizing or improving processes.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- A. Technical Degree or equivalent work experience within Industrial, Water, or Wastewater industries. B.S. in Engineering or the Sciences is a plus but not required.
- 3+ years of commercial sales, customer service, and/or related experience in the Industrial, Water, or Wastewater industries.
- Strong prioritization, customer service, and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Green Belt Certification Preferred.
- Strong customer focus and interaction to ensure internal and external relationships are maximized to the optimal level.
- Strong working knowledge of the theories governing the operation and application of the various Xylem products.
- Strong background directly related to Water & Wastewater Treatment equipment systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software products and ERP related business systems
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Moderate physical demand and exposure to shop and field elements
- Light lifting (20-45 pounds), office environment
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull, and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- 20%, or as required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company may include domestic or international travel for training.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours 8am – 5pm, M-F
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.