Intern - Accounting- Spring/Summer 2020
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Accounting Intern to join their team. This position would support the accounting department with monthly tasks as well as ad hoc reporting needs.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support Accounting department as needed with projects
- Assist with month end closing process including journal entries, reconciliations and analysis
- Ensure SOX controls are followed and properly documented
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Develop reporting tools to analyze sales and material cost
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- The Intern must be currently obtaining a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting or have graduated within the past 6 months
- Knowledge of computers and database/spreadsheet/ word processing software.
- Knowledge of basic query functions for the purpose of report creation
- Excellent communications skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to take responsibility and function under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with wide range of people.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.