Supply Chain NPI Coordinator
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Supply Chain NPI Project Coordinator who will assist in the execution of supply chain process development for New Product Initiatives. Additionally this role may be assigned to manage programs during the production ramp and/or post-production launch.
The Supply Chain NPI Project Coordinator is tasked to ensure clear communication, support of products, and delivery of a manufactured product that meet customer needs.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular and impromptu project meetings to ensure that assigned projects or sub-projects are properly managed from a supply chain perspective, including coordinating with internal resources and 3rd Party vendors to ensure projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Create and manage to project plans (tasks, resources, schedules) for product/process development activities
- Will assist the NPI Project Manager by helping to collect data related to production, labor, and material costs.
- Work concurrently with all organizations to develop and maintain schedules to achieve all deliverables for gate reviews
- Collaborate with manufacturing and design engineers to determine and document the manufacturing requirements for new processes or modifications to existing processes, as required
- Coordinate with cross functional teams to plan & execute validation, factory pilot, and first article inspection builds
- Actively participate in activities/deliverables, project plan development, updates to management and other core team activities to help establish project direction to ensure total team success.
- Collaborate with internal functions and suppliers to finalize product design, material selection & process selection. Participate in assessing supplier robustness and collaborate on process excellence initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Work with internal and external teams to develop capacity plans for scale up including requirements for capital and validation expenses.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- 2-3 years project related experience
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced, dynamic, and high visibility environment and work well as part of a team
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while meeting quality, schedule and cost targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in MS Office software applications
- Experience with Project Scheduling software applications (MS Project, Smartsheet)
- Experience working with the key manufacturing process
- Experience delivering New Products Initiatives, manufacturing ramp up, and delivering electronic products
- Experience working with contract manufacturers
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.