Process Segment Manager, North America
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem Analytics seeks to hire a Process Segment Manager who is responsible for leading the Marketing and Product Management roles associated with the segment. The primary products lines associated with Xylem Analytics Process business include YSI IQSN Process instrumentation and with MJK flow meters. Primary responsibilities include planning, reporting and driving execution of product and marketing strategies to meet customers’ needs and achieve the overall business growth objectives.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop customer centric product definitions and strategies based on Voice of Customer, market trends and the strategic needs of the business. Work with R&D to define and prioritize new product development projects
- Work with other Xylem Analytics segments and the Xylem Utility Solutions team to develop and implement strategies that position Xylem to gain market share in municipal water and other applicable verticals
- Perform competitive analysis and assure proper product positioning and pricing
- Provide new product sales and positioning training for internal and external teams and distribution partners
- Work with the sales and marketing teams to develop and implement strategic marketing plans to promote products through various channels
- Identify and foster relationships with key customers and associations
- Create content including: technical marketing materials, launch kits, presentations, sales tools, web content and webinars
- Provide input into the OPS (S&OP and forecasting) planning process. Set sales and orders goals by produce line and category.
- Provide regular communication and reports to global sales teams and key stakeholders to ensure proper alignment on the status of products, demand, programs and initiatives
- Provide and monitor expense budgets
- Set employee performance objectives, conducts performance reviews and recommends pay actions
- Up to 35% travel required, domestic and international.
- Four-year college degree in Marketing, Biology, Chemistry or a technical discipline
- Prior product management, marketing and/or managerial experience
- Prior VOC and strategic planning training and experience
- Prior leadership experience
- Wastewater process related application knowledge
- Technical training/experience in the wastewater field or a lab water testing role
- Experience working with analytical instrumentation and in the wastewater market is preferred
- MBA preferred but not required
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work performed in an office setting working remotely or from a Xylem office free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel - up to 35% travel required, domestic and international.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law