1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Administrative Assistant for the new Xylem office in the Global Water Center in Milwaukee, WI. The Administrative Assistant will support the project management and engineering department by assembling and printing engineering documents, perform some financial transactions, and serve as the office receptionist and operator among other administrative duties.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Word processing and compilation of various technical documents for clients including electronic and hard copies
- Work with our technical team to develop and implement digital enhancements and streamlining techniques to improve efficiency on how we generate our documents
- Enter new projects into ERP system
- Support electronic file maintenance of archived projects
- Responsible for office mailing and shipping (e.g. USPS, FedEx, UPS, postage machine etc.) and internal distribution
- Responsible for inventory maintenance and procurement of office supplies, coffee/beverages and miscellaneous items.
- Coordinates scheduling of office maintenance services, ordering and maintaining employee badge/FOB support
- Coordinate meeting events and coordinate related activities to support (meeting rooms, materials, food, etc.)
- Provides receptionist support to visitors and guests and answer the main office phone line
- Assist staff in making travel reservations, as needed
- Other generalist office duties as assigned
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Graduate and at least three (3) years of related experience in engineering or sales company
- Exhibit strong prioritization, organizational and attention to detail
- Possess sound decision making skills
- Possess time management skills such as planning, scheduling and expediting projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and maintain a high degree of professionalism
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications
- Good presence on phone calls
- Ability to use Adobe and perform word processing activities. Ability to run a copy machine and print out complicated manuals.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and over the telephone in the English language.
- Requires close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Walking, standing and sitting for extended periods of time, lifting up to 30 pounds., safe and efficient operation of copiers, binding machines, punch machines and other common equipment found in mail and copier facilities.
- Ability to stand long periods at the copy machine and in the mail room.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office environment
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.