The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Applications Engineer. This position will be responsible for providing cordial, timely, and accurate Vertical Turbine Pump product application and quotation assistance to customers and distributors. This role will work together with marketing, and field sales to understand the needs and desires of the customers and provide them with service levels that meet or exceed customer expectations
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide optimal design selections based on customer duty requirements.
- Select materials based on application requirements while also being cost effective to both the factory and end user.
- Work with purchasing team to obtain costing for components for nonstock items.
- Provide selection and quotation training to external customers.
- Prioritize projects according to need and ability to win.
- Maintain CRM funnel to ensure opportunity visibility by field sales team.
- Receive customer purchase orders for quoted projects and gather pertinent information for submittal creation and order execution.
- Achieve annual standard margin targets.
- Achieve annual revenue targets.
- Customer satisfaction and retention.
- Update and research recommendations for product and system improvements.
- Project pricing and lead time negotiations.
- Execute negotiations for large project terms and conditions.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or technical equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year pump related experience including pump sales and service.
- Must have knowledge of pump hydraulics, mechanics and construction, common metallurgical uses. Strong math and engineering skills required.
- Salesforce, MathCAD, and Pump Selection Software experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with ambiguity, manage multiple projects at once, and to review technical documents.
- Ability to take a leadership role in group meetings and projects
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Frequently (20% - 60%): Climbing, balancing, stooping, reaching, standing, and walking.
- Medium lifting (10-25 lbs.), office environment.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees and/or customers on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.