Product Manager, Smart Gas Solutions
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a Product Manager for our Smart Gas Solutions team. Main responsibilities will include analyzing and optimizing investment strategies for existing product line as well as developing requirements for new solutions including software applications, firmware features, and hardware platforms. If you have an engineering background, enjoy collaboration and excel at communication then please apply.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develops strategic and tactical initiatives related to new product and solution introductions and drives them through the Stage Gate process
- Develops and manages VOC business requirements and use cases in a requirements management tool, collaborates with R&D on the associated technical requirements development, and assures they are being met through system test and beta test programs
- Collects market feedback on existing products and services and prioritizes changes across releases
- Works directly with customers, sales, and support organizations to ensure needs are being met and are driven back into the development process via Stage Gate
- Coordinates with engineering, planning, procurement, sales and finance to assure cost targets, solution availability and profitability meet business objectives
- Develops and coordinates activities associated with the creation of technical, sales and marketing literature
- Coordinates and manages engineering and development activities to assures interoperability for multiple technologies across global markets
- Provides product and solution training to both internal and external stakeholders
- Develops product pricing strategies and serves as the subject matter expert for proposals
- Provides forecasts for revenue and planning purposes
- Manages end of life process for legacy technologies.
- Analyzes and reports on competition, risks and new technologies
- Delivers presentations to executive management
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience, MBA is a plus.
- Gas Utility Industry experience is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in engineering, technical product management
- 5+ years’ experience with solution development across cross functional teams
- Ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly
- Proven leadership, organization, and planning skills
- Experience working in and understanding the software development lifecycle and complex integration activities
- Experience developing and managing technical requirements
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate win-win scenarios cross organizationally
- Exceptional organizational, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively and professionally across a wide range of constituencies
- Experience in a fast-paced matrixed technical organization
- Ability to work independently while responding to changing business and technical conditions
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel 15-25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.