Manager, Continuous Improvement - HR Europe
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem seeks to hire a Manager, Continuous Improvement – HR Europe.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead / support high complexity projects using Continuous Improvement (CI) tools and methods, and Project Management skills within the Human Resources Corporate Function in Europe
- Projects will mainly have a Sub-Regional scope in Nordic, DACH, Eastern Europe, Iberia/France and Italy, and additionally may have Global and larger European activities.
- Key focus area of work will be supporting HR Shared Services (GBS).
- Project leadership implies identifying opportunities, defining projects, launching project teams, using strong project management skills to manage team activities, leading teams to execute projects with the problem solving methodology, tracking project status and results, removing and elevating project barriers, and developing team members. It is also critical to identify integration issues with other projects/processes/business departments and coordinate the improvements with the appropriate project/process owners to accomplish the project goals.
- Drive/Facilitate Kaizen and other CI events, and Process Mapping or other Workshops as needed
- Provide strong analytical insight to support the HR Function and processes in the identification of critical projects KPIs or success factors.
- Assure appropriate metrics to validate CI projects result achievement and track improvements
- Facilitate, train and coach team members as needed in the use of Continuous Improvement tools and Project Management tools
- Be accountable to constantly seek, share and implement HR best practices across all Xylem businesses
- Identify and propose potential process technology improvements projects, where efficiencies can be made, and help with/lead the implementation
- Support the Corporate HR Function in the usage of the Strategy Deployment Process (or Goal Deployment Process)
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 7-10 years working experience within international Companies with at least 5 years of exposure to CI and managing projects
- Formal Lean/Six Sigma/CI training and certification (Green Belt minimum)
- Strong analytical Skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to lead and direct an improvement team. Must be a strong, results orientated “change agent” who is an effective business systems thinker
- Must be able to manage risk and ambiguity on a project
- Team working attitude, inclusive behaviour
- Strong Communication and Facilitation Skills
- Strong Flexibility to move across projects
- Candidate must be proficient in the English language and preferably in another European Language (French, Spanish, Italian, German)
- Bachelor Degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and preferably Minitab, Visio
- Experience working with HR processes preferred
- Location: Ideally UK, Italy or Sweden where efficient travel is available
- Travelling expectations: approx. 50% of working time
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.