Customer Experience Specialist
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: The Customer Experience Specialist (CES) will assist customers in a personalized and friendly manner to ensure every experience is an exceptional one. The CES will serve as administrative support for the service center and region which they support and is available to assist customers with their Xylem product selection and availability, order entry, product delivery and return and invoicing. (Duties may vary between US and Canada.)
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage inbound phone calls, online inquires and customer walk-ins.
- Process customer requests such as rental quote generation and order placement over the phone, in person or via e-mail.
- Answer routine product questions and direct questions to appropriate service or sales personnel as needed.
- Enter orders and arrange delivery to all sites and locations per the individual agreement including an understanding of the agreement of freight terms.
- When needed, assist with loading product for customer delivery. Ensure delivery personnel have accurate site address details for delivery as well as appropriate paperwork for customer acceptance.
- Complete off-rental process in RentalResults. Schedule product pick-up and prepare paperwork for customer sign off. (US only)
- Support Service Shop Technicians in completing work orders and pulling necessary parts for product repair.
- Ensure purchase orders are properly entered into procurement system to include price and quantity. Complete process for receiving materials, goods and services timely and accurately.
- Schedule and coordinate preventative and corrective maintenance for sales and delivery vehicles.
- Act as site champion for safety. Manage injury reporting through GenSuite. Participate in routine safety calls and/or meetings.
- General support for all regional service centers such as setting up accounts in GEP and maintaining service agreements.
- Assist with GIM (Global Inventory Management) reconciliation, confirming stock locations and assignments and physical inventory counts.
- Coordinate regional maintenance and transfers of rental equipment in STEEB. (Canada only)
- Assist service personnel to ensure Preventative Maintenance Agreements are completed properly.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing (both French and English where required)
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers and employees
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Solid math skills
- General accounting skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently with initiative
- Resourceful and well organized; efficient and detail oriented
- Ability to adapt to frequent change in a high pressure environment
- Strong sense of responsibility and desire to complete tasks properly
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work across multiple ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems
Education & Experience
- High school graduate; 2 or 4 year college graduate preferred
- Prior experience in a commercial or industrial environment helpful
- Prior experience in an equipment rental environment helpful
Specialized Knowledge Required – Including any required certificates, licenses, and registrations
- Forklift certification an asset
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Considerable standing, walking, bending, heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds as needed) and carrying.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Intermittent exposure to all outdoors weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop and jobsite noise (to maximums of 95 decibels).
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or require that other tasks be performed as required by the business or job circumstances. (for example, but not limited to, personnel changes, technical developments, business needs, etc.).
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.