Procurement Project Manager WI
Overview of Xylem
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 17,000 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2018 revenue of $5.2 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
The Procurement Project Manager WI is responsible for the creation and continuous improvement of the project management office (PMO) that provides the oversight, tools and processes, cadence, metrics, KPI's, reports that indicate the health of projects, facilitation of project board review meetings, capability building, and escalation processes of procurement projects to ensure efficient, effective, and successful execution of the project plan. He/she will use GEP (Xylem eProcurement suite) as the primary data source for project identification and high level project tracking and will be expected to utilize professional project management tools/software and templates to train others in advanced project management techniques and act as the process expert. The Procurement Project Manager will act as the project manager, in partnership with the project owners and stakeholders, for procurement initiatives from (validated) ideation through realization, that have broad regional impact, and/or high spend/savings potential as well as risk mitigation as assigned by the WI leadership team.
- Develop the cadence for regular project reviews of procurement projects
- Methodology to extract and identify the high impact procurement projects in GEP for monthly review.
- Development of the template and metrics used in the project status reviews with management
- Develop the countermeasure and escalation triggers when projects are not on plan
- Utilize and implement tools within GEP that enable system metrics on milestone performance for project owners. Coach and support users in the compliance of state of the art use of these system tools and requirements for project management implementation , provide regular management reports that indicate the health of procurement projects and project execution efficiency and effectiveness.
- Project Management Tool Set and Support (high level projects)
- Utilize project management tools to manage project details.
- For high impact procurement projects assigned by the leadership team, lead the creation of the project plan with project owners for all phases of the project.
- Collaborate with the category managers at initial project plan creation. Define the project plan with the CM's and stakeholders.
- Drive and manage the project execution as assigned to activity owners.
- Train and build capability of project management across the organization
- Implement effective progress meeting status updates, project tracking tool usage, action item registers, green/yellow/red flags on plan, action owner performance against baseline plan, countermeasure, risk mitigation, critical path analysis, slack management and escalation protocol when plans enter yellow and red status.
- Indicate dollar or business impact on project plan slips to help prioritize countermeasures.
- Ensure execution and progress on individual selected procurement projects
- Ensure capability building
- Metrics, cadence and driving project reviews
- In a professional way represent Xylem to external suppliers
- Effectively communicate project schedule and agreed upon Xylem tasks; driving deliverables internally through leadership, progress reports, regular task owner inputs and holding them accountable to meet their deliverables.
- Facilitate development of project milestones with the supplier and supplier commitments. Highlight issues to CM's as appropriate if supplier is not executing to plan. Develop countermeasures.
- Drive and facilitate workshops and project reviews
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- At least University degree in Engineering or Economics or equivalent.
- Good skills in negotiation techniques.
- Good knowledge of -, and at least 5 years’ experience of Procurement for the engineering industry
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Valid driver’s license, passport and police record check.
- Proven record in procurement project management and adept at running successful projects and training others in the use of these tools and skills
- Knowledgeable in Gantt charting, six sigma techniques. .
- Good knowledge of business and behaviors in different countries and cultures.
- Good knowledge of M-Office (excel and powerpoint)
- Experience in SharePoint is a plus.
- Experience managing projects related to procurement and demonstrated skills, tool usage and senior management interface experience in presenting project plan updates in a concise manner.
- Familiarity/experience of Sourcing strategy, procurement, and sourcing process execution phases and gates.
- Shall in a professional way represent Xylem Europe GmbH, Xylem Global procurement, and always act in accordance to Xylem Code of Conduct.
- Capable of coordinating sourcing activities for several sites within Europe
- Facilitation skills (workshop and presentation skills, communication)
- Ability to focus on cooperate targets and drive these throughout the organization.
- Good understanding of sourcing and supply chain business management procedures
- Capable of working in a team environment involving multiple cultures. - Interpersonal skills, team building and conflict resolution experience
- Capable of working closely with internal stakeholder, especially Ops, R&D and Finance.
- Ability to summarize projects into executive presentations and inspire project owners to see project management as a critical methodology for their success in running projects
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capable of working in a team environment involving multiple cultures.
- Willing and flexible to accept new challenges.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Driven and with target focus.