1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Project Coordinator will work to assist the Project & Programmes Team with all aspects of Project Administration; with complete accountability for a range of administrative tasks across a variety of projects. They support the overall organisation of projects, trials, pilots and service transitions with the shared goal of delivering on time and within budget.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Managing the Project & Programme teams as well as preparation and follow-up of meetings (Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all participants and stakeholders)
- Manages contractual Change Request Process to support customers and delivery partners
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, resources and project finances
- Actively communicate project status and risks to stakeholders and the business throughout the project lifecycle
- Contribute and implement ideas for team-wide processes and promote continuous improvement
- The organisation and preparation and of project artefacts, presentations and documentation.
- Highlight significant quality issues and help instigate the appropriate correction action and route cause analysis to resolve the issues.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Create a tracking system for the Project & Programme Team to fulfil it’s goals and objectives.
- Support other part of the business e.g. Pre-Sales and Development Teams, with Project Management support for pilots and trials in the UK and Internationally.
- Support the development and improvement of business processes within the UK Project & Programme/Service Operations teams.
- Supporting commercial activities (e.g., audits, tracking purchase orders and team requisitioning as required)
- Ability to utilise and improve ways of working through the use of tools such as SharePoint and Microsoft Project
- Self-motivated with a strong ‘Can-do’ attitude to project management delivery and the ability to meet challenging deadlines.
- Resilient with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple work-streams, while working effectively under pressure.
- Must be highly organized and adopt a structured working method but with the ability to react quickly to change.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to build strong collaborative relationships
- Cultural awareness and ability to adapt communication style when working with customers in different countries.
- Demonstrate integrity and high level of ethical standards.
- Able to understand the broad principles of the IT and Telecoms technologies used to implement a Smart Metering / Smart Grid solution.
- Understanding of traditional project methodologies e.g. Prince / APM
- Understanding of ISO9001
- Knowledge of communications equipment
- Knowledge of software development
- Flexibility regarding working times, locations and hours
- Provide support to other Sensus opportunities globally
- International travel as required