Intern - Finance - Summer 2020
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Finance Analyst Intern to join their team. This position would execute on various tasks and projects within the finance function as well as aid in the quarterly close and the preparation for the second quarter earnings release on July 31st.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Primarily assist the Accounting, FP&A, Internal Audit, Strategy & Investor Relations teams with various projects in the finance function and also aid in preparation of materials for the 2Q Earnings Release.
- Accumulating and analyzing results from Xylem’s businesses
- Updating Presentations, Scripts, Releases and other materials
- Creating reports and analysis as needed
- Research of peer company reports
- Serve as liaison for the department and coordinate across multiple functions
- Ability to communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude
- Demonstrates basic problem solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibility
- Confident self-starter with ability to prioritize and manage yourself to get things done with minimal oversight
- Assist the Investor Relations & FP&A teams with various finance projects including sustainability research, peer research & analysis, process improvements, and other items.
- Assist in Strategy projects or M&A deals (as applicable).
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Attending an accredited University studying toward a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum rising junior in standing
- Concentration in Finance, Accounting, or business/economics
- Knowledge of project planning methodologies such as critical path planning.
- Knowledge of computers and database/spreadsheet/ word processing software
- Knowledge of basic query functions for the purpose of report creation
- Knowledge of powerpoint and basic presentation tools
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to take responsibility and function under minimal supervision
- Ability to work with wide range of people
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.