Senior Site Accounting Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Overall responsibility for providing Senior-level accounting & reporting oversight for the Xylem Morton Grove, IL facility. Duties include but are not limited to the leading the monthly, quarterly and annual close, consolidation and reporting processes, standardizing and streamlining reporting processes, balance sheet reconciliations, compliance and testing the control environment and other general accounting activities.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Monthly closing cycle:
- Responsible for managing the monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting close processes for the Morton Grove Site and preparation of Financial Statements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Responsible for signing off on completed Financial Statements ensuring that all units are properly loaded in the system.
- Responsible for running validations on Financial Statements/Reporting to ensure completeness and accuracy of results as loaded into One Stream Financial consolidation system
- Ensures integrity of all compliance, internal and external reporting and coordination with Xylem financial organizations and in line with US-GAAP and Local-GAAP and local legal requirements.
- Drives Sarbanes-Oxley planning, coordination, site reviews and testing while working in conjunction with Xylem Internal Audit, internal auditors and external auditors
- Work directly with Shared Services Record to Report team to ensure all journal entries are correctly recorded Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled per requirements (timeliness, frequency, quality) Ensure SOX/DOA (Delegation of Authority) documentation is updated and the processes are in compliance Prepare and submit tax packages for actuals & forecasts (including for sales, service, manufacturing, and distribution companies)
- Coordinate with internal & external audit, ensuring timely response to needs, no major/ repeat gaps, and timely closure of any identified improvement opportunities
- Cost Accounting Set & maintain standard costs & annual update process
- Standardization & consistency in accounting & reporting across sites Supports internal and external audit requests
- Assist in the development and implementation of new accounting policies and procedures as required. Submission of appropriate reports as required.
- Work with site Operations, Finance, Cost Accounting, and other functional departments to support proper accounting treatment and controls at manufacturing site.
- Liaise with and support Finance, HR, IT and other functions within the region with SOX issues. To support colleagues in the Company, in particular across Regional and departmental boundaries to ensure that the Company’s goals are achieved.
- Comply fully with Xylem’s ethics and standard policies. Responsible for the achievement of annual PFP goals. Must work within established Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for talent development for direct reports
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or financial/accounting
- 8-15 years' of accounting and finance experience
- Manufacturing experience required
- CPA, CMA or CIA is required
- Must have a working knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Technical skills in Finance and knowledge of US GAAP
- Must be able to travel internationally.
- Requires demonstrated skill in written and oral communications and interview skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and HFM skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized. Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated the ability to engage business process owners in a direct yet professional manner, thoroughly evaluate business processes, and quickly identify potential control gaps, and implement solutions successfully.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Sense of urgency towards meeting deadlines and resolving open issues is key
- Some travel to each site is required in the future
- This role is viewed as a key pipeline role and the successful candidate must be looking for continued career progression
- Candidate should be a self-starter and highly motivated. Motivation to grow within Xylem is a must
- Strong ethical standards are expected.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Processing of 1099's
- Proven analytical ability
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and personal interaction skills required.
- Computer Skills (ERP System, Hyperion, One Stream, Oracle preferred)
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk & reach with hands & arms; use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment (office environment).
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Light lifting (20-25 pounds), office environment
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company. (Less than 5%)
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.