1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Regional Director is responsible for developing regional strategies for accelerating growth through customer engagement, efficient operation and on-time performance of the branches. As the key driver and owner of both long and short-term regional performance, the RD will leverage in depth knowledge of the marketplace and industry to identify emerging gaps or opportunities to grow the business. The Regional Director will take ownership of managing service, quality, safety and cost across all regional manufacturing locations including the Center of Excellence (hub) to closely align manufacturing capabilities to accelerate growth across the US markets. He/she will collaborate with other Regional Directors, Sales Leaders and the ACT Leadership Team to support continued expansion of new and existing products and services.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with sales teams to identify new sales opportunities, strategic key accounts and other key client opportunities providing operations input to deliver to expectations.
- Assist in creating and launching new products, services, programs to satisfy market demands and take advantage of new market opportunities. Act as Subject Matter Expert and liaison to corporate departments towards ensuring successful launch of initiatives
- Proactive involvement with local personnel and business to align manufacturing capabilities to drive local growth.
- Drive cost improvements through the application of Lean Six Sigma (LSS)and leverage capabilities across multiple plant sites
- Ensure appropriate supply chain performance through operational management as measured by customer responsiveness, delivery performance, capacity management, supplier management and appropriate inventory management
- Drive systematic improvements throughout the supply chain with the application of LSS.
- Accountable to deliver improved results in plant environmental, health and safety compliance.
- Advocate operating efficiencies for successful sales programs and processes. Evaluate profitability and recommend and implement alternative approaches to improve profitability and distribution.
- Coordinate efforts between sales, branch operations, engineering and customers on large, engineered to order solutions requiring complex and/or complicated installation, short turnaround, long-term installation or multistage mobilizations.
- Work in concert with Regional Sales Managers to resolve customer payment and/or credit issues related to delivery or service issues.
- Drive cross-functional change: safety, environmental, regulatory agencies, engineering, quality, operations, maintenance, etc.
- Continuously evaluate service center footprint within region and recommend placement of new facilities or closure of existing facilities based on market penetration, customer base, workforce landscape, operational capacity, etc. to optimize Xylem’s presence and expand customer exposure to product portfolio.
- Optimize staffing plans in branches in partnership with Human Resources to assure low turnover and efficient management of business and customer demands.
- Identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes through best practice sharing, process improvement, and effective analytics. Recommend innovative strategies and demonstrate strong commitment for Xylem to continue improving the customer experience, while fostering a culture that demonstrates Xylem’s responsibility to its employees, community and our mission of Solving Water.
- Collaborate with the other regions to deliver the best solutions to customers to increase revenue, operating income and deliver flawless service.
- Ensure organization is well positioned in a rapidly evolving and competitive environment by being an agent for ongoing organizational change.
- Develops and executes a strong talent management plan including talent assessment, selection, empowerment, coaching, motivation and retention of top talent; builds and develops succession plans and pipeline of talent.
- Cultivates employee engagement and positive employee relations environment through robust and regular employee communications, performance feedback, reward and recognition culture, and focused employee development.
- Employs a diverse and creative communications framework to align employees and generate understanding and commitment to achieving the organizational goals.
- Manages and develops business plan and budgets for regional service centers; provides regular reporting and communication to the Leadership Team.
- Designs and implements business practices to establish and develop the regional group. Detects and manages high priority issues with customer satisfaction while maintaining strong communication with responsible design divisions or manufacturing plants.
- Ensures compliance and the highest ethical standards in all processes.
- Supports the implementation of EHS programs to reduce injury rates and avoid environmental response costs.
- Acts as LEAN Champion to implement ‘Model Branch’processes through the use of LEAN principles.
- Advocates and ensures corporate programs and initiatives are executed effectively and in alignment with Xylem’s strategy.
- Safety Score Card
- Budget (Revenue, Specific Working Capital Goals, and On-time Delivery)
- Inventory Management (Service Levels, Turns, Excess & Obsolete)
- Rental (Turn Around Time, Asset Availability/Unavailability Percentage, Fleet Efficiency)
- Customer Service Score Card (Billable Hours, On-Time Delivery)
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Completion of BA or BS in business, technology, operations management or related field or equivalent experience is required; Manufacturing Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum of ten years demonstrated successful leadership experience within a complex industrial or operations environment.
- Knowledge of and prior experience with rental equipment preferred.
- Experience managing multiple offices and/or projects.
- Experience leading through influence.
- Knowledge and experience with process capability tools such as Lean, Kaizen, 5S, TPM, AM, VSM, FMEA, RCA, SPC, DOE, DMAIC, PDCA preferred
- Certified Six Sigma Master Black belt preferred
- Project Management Professional preferred
- Financial acumen including a clear understanding of the business drivers.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers and employees.
- Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills Demonstrated technical and project management skills.
- Assessing, coaching, and developing talent and managing multi-disciplinary organizations
- Champion of change management
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Shop/Job Site: Intermittent exposure to jobsite conditions and hazards; petrochemical, refineries, mills, mines, construction sites, industrial/power plants, waste water treatment plants, etc. Intermittent exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop and job site noise.
- Travel: A minimum of 50%+, or as required.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.