Customer Support Specialist
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Customer Support Specialist position will provide basic technical and heavy commercial support to internal and external customers. Work efforts include extensive order fulfillment duties; heavy volume of customer phone and email communications; basic quotation development; technical submittal creation; basic pricing, availability and technical customer inquiries; general administrative support needs; and engagement in special projects to support continuous improvement to increase productivity and reduce cycle time for customer support while increasing legendary customer service.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide heavy commercial support up to and including all aspects of order execution and follow up utilizing available quotation and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools as well as communicate with related internal and external customer and vendor contacts
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly ERP review and maintenance functions to insure all ERP information is accurate; all auto-functions occur correctly; relevant parties have accurate order and sales status; potential problems are identified and mitigated; and any issues are resolved
- Create project technical manuals based on internally supplied quotations and other details
- Provide basic item availability, pricing, and technical assistance including but not limited to part number identification, product bill of materials, serialized number parts lists for internal and external customers.
- Provide basic Aftermarket replacement part selections and develop related quotations as necessary
- Daily utilization of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to input new data and maintain existing data to current status for both direct customer interactions as well as those by outside sales
- Create legendary customer service experiences for internal and external customers
- Handle overflow from other sales support positions <current level
- Develop technical depth and understanding of Xylem product and application knowledge
- Provide facility and local team administrative support as needed
- Coordinate local trade show, lunch & learn or other local events and/or fulfill related sales literature, brochures, demo equipment or other support needs
- Participate in special projects to create best practices, improve processes, create training tools or to support Xylem initiatives as determined and conduct related presentations or training sessions
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 4-year degree preferable
- Technical aptitude as it relates to the basic understanding of engineered solutions equipment and related tools
- Strong customer service skills
- Good collaborative and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and task management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work with diverse workforce and customer base
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Salesforce.com Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Configure Price Quote (CPQ), and/or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Inspiring accountability
- External:Direct and indirect customers
- Internal: Sales, operations and engineering teams
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Business Office Environment that includes laptop and standard office equipment; work performed in an open plan, cubicle work space setting
- Customer Solutions team covers extended hours of 8:00 am to 7:30 pm; may require shift in start and end times to accommodate customer base outside of the standard 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Travel requirement:<10% travel required to fulfill the duties listed above; other travel as needed or required by the company
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.