1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Senior Accountant to analyze price variance, manage fixed asset process, calculate variance quarterly reserves and monthly journal entries and manage SOCX compliance.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Analyze monthly price variance and prepared explanation and/or correcting entries.
- Prepare and maintain quarterly inventory reserve calculations and adjusting entries for warranty, excess and obsolete inventory and book to physical.
- Maintain prepaid listing for general and information technology and prepare monthly amortization.
- Reconcile and prepare adjusting entries for inventory subledger to general ledger variances.
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations in support of month-end closing activities for multiple business units, ensuring proper documentation is obtained for: Inventory and inventory reserves, Fixed assets and construction in progress, Advanced vendor payments, Others as assigned
- Reconcile sub-ledgers to the general ledger identifying out of balances and their causes, resolving the possibility of future issues
- Prepare monthly journal entries related to Sweden freight and close out freight cost centers.
- Prepare various management reports related to inventory, inventory reserves, price variance and freight.
- Coordinate and prepare annual fixed assets inventory on a 5 year rolling basis.
- Assume monthly asset management including preparation of monthly construction in progress close outs, recording of asset additions and disposals
- Approve goods receipt clearing from vendor statement analysis.
- Prepare annual sales return analysis and reconcile to the general ledger.
- Respond to inquiries regarding financial statements and general ledgers
- Assist with ad hoc projects and analyses as requested
- Ability to adapt and effectively interact with teams at different states and facilities
- Maintain and update Sarbanes Oxley Narratives, Control Matrix and Information Provided by Entity templates for inventory, purchasing and payables and fixed assets.
- Assist with interim and annual audits
- Respond to accounting inquiries from domestic and international business partners
- Interact with Materials and Purchasing teams to resolve issues as they arrive.
- Ensure all supporting documentation is in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines;
- Consistently evaluate areas for process improvement.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or financial/accounting with 10 years of business experience.
- CPA, CMA or CIA is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Must be able to travel internationally.
- Requires demonstrated skill in written and oral communications and interview skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and HFM skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized. Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated the ability to engage business process owners in a direct yet professional manner, thoroughly evaluate business processes, and quickly identify potential control gaps, and implement solutions successfully.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Processing of 1099s
- Proven analytical ability
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and personal interaction skills required.
- Computer Skills (ERP System, Hyperion, Oracle, STEEB preferred)
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.