Marketing Specialist - Lab Segment
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Marketing Specialist - Lab Segment. This role will be responsible for carrying-out ongoing marketing and/communications activities that support the sales effort and defined strategies required to meet organizational objectives for Xylem Analytics – Laboratory. Works closely with Product Management, Marketing Writer, distribution partners and sales teams to implement communications programs.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support the creation of new product launch plans and launch kits
- Generate communications programs and newsletters for customers, selling partners and sales team
- Partner with Product Managers to drive the creation of webinars, videos, catalogs, spec sheets, application notes, and other collateral to support product line
- Support marketing/lead generation strategies to improve sales for new and existing products
- Support the creation and deliver sales presentations for sales team and selling partners
- Assist with content creation for web, newsletters, email, Social Media and blog activities
- Assist in activities designed to build and improve our customer database
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum of 2 years marketing background with communications experience
- Four-year college degree in relevant field – Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Science is preferred
- Ability to perform as both a strategic thinker and tactical planner
- Decisive with good judgment. Must be able to work effectively with a high level of autonomy and minimal direct oversight
- Direct experience with environmental technologies or a high aptitude for understanding relevant technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications to various markets and applications
- Technical background with the ability to oversee production of relevant product videos, marketing brochures, customer webinars, selling guides, and associated materials
- Willingness to bring forth and implement ideas to help improve job and cost effectiveness
- Willingness to experiment with new technology and marketing methods
- Experience and expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- 8:00AM and 5:00PM Monday through Friday, up to 25% travel required.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.