Electronic Engineer (Hardware)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
Electronic Engineer (Hardware)
The Electronic engineer participates in the design, development, documentation, testing and validation of embedded electronic devices to control electrical motors or electro-pumps in the field of pumping, heating and air conditioning (HVAC) applications.
- Participates in design, development, debug and test of embedded hardware devices (potentially co-engineered with vendors/suppliers), like Variable Frequency Drives or Custom PLC Controllers.
- Participates in design, development, debug and test of embedded firmware for Variable Frequency Drives or Custom PLC Controllers, by using current programming languages (Assembly, C, C++, Visual Basic, etc.).
- Collaborate with Product engineering in defining special product requirements and design features (participate in project teams)
- Supports Application and After Sales Engineers in identifying potential application issues and in defining relevant solutions.
- Develops product documentation for standard products, for special customer requests and manage specific customer project files.
- Participates in team activities related to product development, performances improvement, cost reduction and quality improvement.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- At least two years of experience in hardware development in electrical field.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent curricula.
- Deep knowledge of motor structures, operations and motor control electronics.
- Experience in Altium and software development would constitute a plus.
- Previous experience in electromechanical industry would be preferred.
- Solid in utilizing the Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written.
To be successful in the role, you must be open minded, have a positive approach and to be inclined to work in inter-functional development environment.
You have the ability to work by objectives with particular attention to details and timing commitment. You also possess the capacity to initially lead projects with inclination to drive functional and/or multifunctional teams.
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. (Will be listed on all positions in the United States)
Apply for this position through careers.xyleminc.com.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please contact Leila Sayyad, Corporate Recruiter, Leila.email@example.com .
Welcome with your application!