1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Leopold, a Xylem Brand, seeks a self-driven, motivated Application Engineer to review applications defined by consulting engineers, sales representatives, sales companies, and customers for suitability of Filtration products and then, in accordance with established Company standard procedures and policies, prepare literature, proposals, cost estimates, proposal drawings, etc. as required to support the global sales effort. Xylem’s Leopold brand provides filtration solutions for water and wastewater treatment public utility applications.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop design proposals utilizing Xylem process design tools, preliminary drawings and P&ID diagrams, and budget pricing using customer provided project specifications as directed by the Tender Support Manager.
- Interface with Product Manager, Purchasing Manager and Engineering Manager as required to develop tender deliverables.
- Develop work product methods to improve efficiency and customer response time.
- Review customer requirements (engineer’s plans, specifications, etc) and identify Leopold opportunities. Compare specification requirements with the Leopold products to determine applicability of Leopold product offering.
- Prepare tender package, consisting of technical proposals, drawings, cost estimates, standard pricing, production and delivery schedules, P&ID diagrams, and additional as required information in accordance with existing Company standard procedures, policies, and cost information.
- Manage the tender process, ensuring all milestone dates are met, all pricing, documentation is prepared and stored in accordance with Company standard procedures, and all database information is properly entered for each prospect.
- Manage project hand-off tasks for orders received.
- Assist and support the Tender Support Manager in other related activities as directed. This may include order reconciliation, system design, submittal preparation, fabrication drawing preparation, O&M preparation, and commissioning.
- Support the risk assessment process and provide process and costing input.
- Update sales tools and tender documentation to ensure a professional standard and quality is maintained
- Interface and communicate with the Xylem Sales companies on a daily basis.
- Other duties that may be assigned by Supervisor
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS in Engineering - Chemical, Mechanical, Civil, or Environmental preferred.
- 5 years of experience in engineer-to-order projects, system/process engineering, mechanical design, manufacturing, field service/startup, pilot plant operation, or sales is preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent computer, communication, presentation and analytical skills. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products is required.
- Experience (work or education) performing engineering-related computer aided design and drafting, using AutoCAD or CREO is preferred.
- Fluent in English, multi-lingual capabilities desirable.
- Good communication skills are required.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Maneuver around in water and wastewater clarification and filtration installations.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry 25lbs.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Job Site: New and rehabilitated Water and Wastewater plant construction sites.
- Travel: Domestic and international travel via airplane, car or other transportation vehicles to customer locations to assist in sales and project execution activities- approximately 25% and as needed to support training
EOE including disability and veteran